Win New installation of 13.2, nothing runs
New to XBMC here. Just installed 13.2 on Windows Vista PC. When I click on the XBMC icon, nothing seems to happen.

Can you point me to Troubleshooting information that will allow me to figure out what is going wrong? What processes should appear in Task Manager, etc.?

Thanks!
Additional info: I tried to open a mp3 and mkv file from my hard drive using XBMC. I see the logo pop up and disappear very quickly. No music or movie plays.
Information about my setup:
Windows Vista SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8100
4 GB RAM

Edit: use pastebin or xbmclogs to upload a debug log (wiki), do not paste them into the forum!
S
On my windows 7 I get msg: can't write the .exe file and I have not been able to install the download.
Read the wiki on how to setup xbmc to play files. This isn't like winamp or windows media player if that is what you are looking for.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/
I can't even get to the main menu for xbmc. When I click on the icon, I see the logo, then that goes away, and no menus. Shouldn't I at least get to the main menu with some options? Can I set up XMBC to do anything if I can't get to a main menu for the software?
I uninstalled 13.2 and went back to 12.3. Problem solved. Is there something in the above-posted debug file that would tell me why 13.2 doesn't work for my computer?

Version 12.3 is fine. I just found out that the box that I want to connect to (Olive 6 HD Music Server) doesn't work with 13.2 anyway.
There was nothing in the log file, it wasn't debug so nothing to see.
I presume you might have had some setting in 12.3 that was messing.

Could you try with a cleaned Userdata (wiki) folder?

And please don't paste logs into the forum anymore....
1. How do I get the "debug file" if that's what you need to check problems?
2. Where do you post logs if not into the forum?
1. debug log (wiki)

2. pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
P.S. I found instructions on how to get the debug file. But the instructions seem to say that I have to be able to turn on the debug file inside of XBMC. Since I can't get 13.2 to load, then how can I turn on the debug file to find out what is happening when I try to start up the software?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...ttings.xml
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New installation of 13.2, nothing runs0