Android Kodi can't pass-trough DTSHD and trueHD
My box is HIMEDIA's Q5 4 cores edition, android 4.4.2. kodi 14.0 runs alright and can pass-trough DTS correctly, video is alright too. but kodi does not have selections for pass-trough the DTSHD and TRUEHD,what can I do? Is this a bug?
BTW ,the default player in the box is doing well
Hardware bigfish
GPU Mali 450 mp
ARM OpenGL es 2.0
CPU HI3798 (kodi showed as ARM v7 rev1 v71)
BogoMips 1976.32
sorry about my broken english,hehe
Android doesn't support it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry to hear that,any plan to support it in the future?
(2014-08-21, 07:29)Lionliu Wrote: Sorry to hear that,any plan to support it in the future?

Ask google
(2014-08-21, 07:46)wsnipex Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 07:29)Lionliu Wrote: Sorry to hear that,any plan to support it in the future?

Ask google

That can easily be mistaken Smile He means that there is no support in Android itself, nothing we can do about it.
From my understanding Android as supplied by Google does not provide a standardised method for passthrough, therefore passthrough has to be hacked in by manufacturers wanting it, these methods maybe specific to a certain SoC used in the STB. At the moment it's pretty much only DD and DTS that has been added by the manufacturers, however a few have also starting adding DTS-HD & TrueHD such as Vidonme.
(2014-08-21, 10:21)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 07:46)wsnipex Wrote:

Ask google

That can easily be mistaken Smile He means that there is no support in Android itself, nothing we can do about it.

no way,my box can pass-trough the DTSHD and trueHD by its own player , which is also running under the android 4.4.2
(2014-08-21, 11:13)jjd-uk Wrote: From my understanding Android as supplied by Google does not provide a standardised method for passthrough, therefore passthrough has to be hacked in by manufacturers wanting it, these methods maybe specific to a certain SoC used in the STB. At the moment it's pretty much only DD and DTS that has been added by the manufacturers, however a few have also starting adding DTS-HD & TrueHD such as Vidonme.

THX, so we shall waiting for the manufacturers , the google or the kodi ?
manufacturers/google need to make it transparent available for us how to use it without adding hackish code for every single device out there
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-21, 12:45)Lionliu Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 11:13)jjd-uk Wrote: From my understanding Android as supplied by Google does not provide a standardised method for passthrough, therefore passthrough has to be hacked in by manufacturers wanting it, these methods maybe specific to a certain SoC used in the STB. At the moment it's pretty much only DD and DTS that has been added by the manufacturers, however a few have also starting adding DTS-HD & TrueHD such as Vidonme.

THX, so we shall waiting for the manufacturers , the google or the kodi ?

Further to what Martijn has stated.

Ideally Google needs to add proper passthrough support negating the need for any sort of hacks, without this manufacturers use codec support as a selling point to differentiate themselves from the other android box sellers, therefore their own players will be closed source or the methods only given to those that pay and sign a NDA agreement (such as MX Player). So we as a free open source software are stuffed as we can neither pay or must rely on things being open source, although sometimes it's possible to come up with hacks of our own (or on work done by other in the open source community) or do a bit of reverse engineering.

Where possible we want to avoid specific hack for manufacturers/SoC's as it bloats our code and different methods for different SoC's may not play nice together in a single code base.
OK,I see , thank you all !
So anything running DTS-HD will not play on Kodi (running on FireTV) ? We should stick to DTS only?
it will play, just not with HD audio. You'll get DTS, AC3 or stereo, depending on your hardware.
(2014-12-15, 11:00)wsnipex Wrote: it will play, just not with HD audio. You'll get DTS, AC3 or stereo, depending on your hardware.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't pass-trough DTSHD and trueHD1