Win Launch add-on from hotkey
Hello forum
I've read the "How to: modify keyboard.xml" http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:Modify_keyboard.xml then I threw this together
Code:
<keymap>
<global>
  <keyboard>
    <d>ActivateWindow(Music,plugin://plugin.music.spotlight/)</d>
   </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

The above code doesn't work. I can't get it to work even though I've tried multiple ways of doing it. My goal is to launch the add-on Spotlight when i press the key "d". What should I enter in the keyboard.xml to achieve that?
- would it be possible to also enter the submenu called "playlists" to actually start playing one of my playlists just with the press of the "d"?

I am running Gotham 13.2 on my Windows 8.1 x64 desktop.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Joe
This is my line in my keymap to run Spotimc when I press alt-5. You should be able to reverse engineer something out of this:

<five mod="alt">RunScript(script.audio.spotimc)</five>

EDIT: Try this:

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
  <keyboard>
       <d>RunScript(script.audio.spotlight)</d>
   </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
\<keymap>
Thanks for your reply Mitchell.ross
I've tried your code, it works perfect for launching Spotimc. But sadly it doesn't work for Spotlight... Strange...
Have you tried

RunAddon(plugin.audio.spotlight)

(I assume that is the correct ID for the addon, you can check in the addon.xml file)

Edit
Corrected addon id
Sorry for the wrong info - I had the wrong action and wrong add-on ID. I've confirmed that the line below works.

<d>RunAddon(plugin.audio.spotlight)</d>
Thanks for your support guys. Yesterday I found out that it could be done this way too:
Code:
<d>ActivateWindow(10501,"plugin://plugin.audio.spotlight/")</d>

Your way of doing it is definitely easier. I've tested it out, and it works too. Would it be possible to have it launch an item in the menu for Spotlight called "playlists"?

Thank you.
Best regards
Joe
What skin are you using? I've previously had a menu item in Transparency. I'm not aware that you can do it in the default Confluence skin - but happy to be corrected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch add-on from hotkey0