Can't seek in vc-1 file, works fine in VLC-
Hello!

I have this vc-1 file (bluray) that works just fine in xbmc except for that I cant seek, it works very well to seek in vlc though.
This log is from 13.2 but I've also tried it under helix alpha2 with the same result.

Hope someone gets intrested!

http://www.pastebin.ca/2834367
Upgrade to a nightly. 13.2 uses a very old ffmpeg version.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-21, 13:18)fritsch Wrote: Upgrade to a nightly. 13.2 uses a very old ffmpeg version.

he said he used alpha2. Should the recent bump fix that?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah - overread this. Post a log from alpha2 then.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, I tried again using http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe and the problem is still there.

Here is a new log from daily.

http://www.pastebin.ca/2834375

thanks for your time!
Can you post a sample? And opening a bug on trac.xbmc.org? That way it will not forgotten.
Does it work if you disable DXVA2?
I tried without DXVA2, no difference. Im not sure how to create a sample, ill check around and try to do that.
(2014-08-21, 14:09)marantz Wrote: I tried without DXVA2, no difference. Im not sure how to create a sample, ill check around and try to do that.

make sure the sample also has the same behaviour before posting it Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeah I just managed to make a 40s sample, but guess what.. ofcourse the problem isnt on the sample anymore... the original file is 30gb.. guess you dont want that
you can use ffmpeg to cut out some seconds: ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -ss [start] -t [duration] -c:v copy -c:a copy out.mp4

Windows binaries can be downloaded from their homepage.
used that ffmpeg command, still the sample works Sad
What if you simply re-wrap the file using, say, mvkmerge gui? Does that help? It might be a container problem (I've seen avidemux sometimes produce poor mkvs, for example).
lol @ marantz: I think your container is the issue.
(2014-08-21, 15:08)Prof Yaffle Wrote: What if you simply re-wrap the file using, say, mvkmerge gui? Does that help? It might be a container problem (I've seen avidemux sometimes produce poor mkvs, for example).

Yes it does. It's just a matter of try to get this fixed for xbmc since it works in VLC now I guess Smile

fritch, ok. Should I just re-wrap my file and forget about this then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't seek in vc-1 file, works fine in VLC-0