No Channels - Linq Enum Error
Hello - this is a fantastic piece of software and I really appreciate the effort in developing this. I am however having a problem that I hope someone can solve for me.

My install is as follows:
  • Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
  • XBMC 13.2 on the same machine
  • ServerWMC on same machine
  • Hauppauge Colossus as the only tuner (leading to a cable box)

When I attempt to connect XBMC (locally - 127.0.0.1) via the 2.99 PVR plugin, no guide channels show (however my recordings do). There is an error in the log attached that makes it seem like a null field for the channel array, however I can see all the channels in the WMC guide. I have reset the EPG and PVR databases on XBMC and rebooted a few times. The ServerWMC Status tab reports 0 channels transferred to clients (and 4 recordings, which is correct).

http://pastebin.com/jGcDiSKd

I have one theory in that the software is confused because the way Hauppauge seems to "hack" WMC by installing a "software tuner" (you'll see that listed in the logs), while there's also a hardware tuner (the actual card). Not sure if it makes a difference, as WMC only sees 1 tuner (that I believe to be the software tuner), so the channels should be bound to that instance. Just something I wanted to point out.

Please let me know if there is something else I need to provide, and I can also troubleshoot as needed. Thank you in advance for any/all support.
Sorry about that. Not sure what is going on here but you definitely found a bug with the exception handling when channels are retrieved, so thanks for that. I'll put a fix in the next rev but in the mean time try this:

In the config.xml file (see debug tab) change the following field to true:

<HideNullSpaceChannels>true</HideNullSpaceChannels>

then save the config file and restart serverwmc. See if the behavior is different.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Krusty -

No need to apologize at all. I'm glad it worked out that this actually helps.

Great news, the HideNullSpaceChannels param worked perfect. Everything loaded into XBMC and I'm streaming right now.

So, it could be marked as a bug, or just "the way" that's needed for Colossus tuners. Either way, it's fixed and I'm streaming away.

Thanks for the rapid response. Really appreciate it.
Its a bug (or was a bug, its fixed now Smile). You have 3 channels with a 'null' tuning space. To this day I don't know why wmc has that configured on some channels, but I knew it happened (though rare). Apparently a few revs back, I added a piece of code that didn't fail gracefully when this was encountered. That will be fixed in the next rev, so that if you wanted to you could set this flag back to false (but there is really no reason to).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Channels - Linq Enum Error0