Record with remote?
Running Gotham 13.2 on Win7 with the latest WMCserver .. and I've noticed that the record button on the remote isn't working.
Yes, I can always go the long way around and pull up Info/record options... but then what's the Record button for?

I have a Harmony 300 set as an MCE remote.

I cannot find any PRV/Live TV sections in the Keyboard.xml file.. and the customized MCE Remote setup page that is mentioned in earlier posts isn't fixing the issue either.

Do I need to edit Remote.xml as well?

I want to be able to hit the Record button while in the EPG to record that program, and have it record the channel currently being watched if I hit it there.
*I* can do the work arounds, but for the wife and kid who are more used to the cable box (which I finally managed to get rid of.. yay!) I would like it to be more user friendly.. more cable box like.

I've tried searching the Wiki/Forums for an answer.. but I either get swamped with old data, or can't seem to formulate the query properly.

Help!?
What I do is define a keyboard command ctrl-r to start a record, defined as

<keyboard>
<r mod="ctrl">XBMC.PlayerControl(Record)</r>
</keyboard>

You can then program your harmony to send this keyboard command.

Using this, you can hit the record button while you watch a show and have it record what you are watching. But in epg view, hitting record didn't work last time I checked. This is something xbmc has to implement - we can't do anything about it in the pvr addon - seems like I recall them saying it would be in gotham but I can't recall for sure - maybe someone else knows.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hopefully, they implement jumping in the EPG by typing in channel numbers too.
Gotta love starting at channel 2 when everything I watch is up at channel 700..

Thanx krusty.. I'll play with my keyboard file and see what I can do with it.
the channel jump thing is implemented in Helix (ie XBMC errrr Kodi, version 14)

the record button on EPG might have been in Gotham I thought? I havent tried since moving from Frodo to Gotham
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record with remote?0