Skin change cant add video add on..
Hi, apologies if this is something that has been asked before. I used the search tool and couldnt find much.

Im pretty new to this and run xbmc on a raspberry Pi which i recieved for my birthday. I only ever use it to stream football games but would like to get more from it. Im currently using the default skin(confluence) but hate it and want to change it. The problem is any time i change it none of the other skins have Video> add ons in the menu. Ive played around with the settings but still never have the add ons i need . Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
We can't help unless you name the skins in question.
sorry, should of mentioned. I managed to get it working with the SiO2 skin just there and im happy with that right now. Im just wondering how you activate the live TV? says I need a PVR add on?
Also I better mention that its running off Linux 3.10.21 operating system, connected straight to my tv. Is it possible to get full working tv without buying a tuner? Ive noticed that my CPU usage is up around the 90% aswell. Is there any way to lower this by improving the processor or memory?
(2014-08-22, 00:46)okocha10 Wrote: Also I better mention that its running off Linux 3.10.21 operating system, connected straight to my tv. Is it possible to get full working tv without buying a tuner? Ive noticed that my CPU usage is up around the 90% aswell. Is there any way to lower this by improving the processor or memory?
Oy! I don't think it's possible to get full working tv the way you are used to. If you want live tv go on youtube and search for "xbmc live tv". More to the point you need to change your mindset from "what's on a certain tv channel?" to " what do I want to watch today?". Then you can harness the power of Kodi. Set yourself up with Openelec then find the add-ons that suit your purpose. In my opinion most of the live tv is disappointing. If you need to watch things as they happen you will be disappointed. Stick with cable or satellite. If you don't need to watch in real time then you will find almost everything you wish to watch.
Oh right, I thought I'd maybe be able to get an add on that acts as a tv tuner. Do I install open elect ontop of the Linux operating system I already have? Or is it something that works alongside it? Thanks for that, I generally use mash up to stream live football(soccer) games, was just wondering if I could turn it into a cable type tuner
No talk about illegal addons in this forum!!!

If you want liveTV (aka sat or cable TV) you need some sort of tuner and a PVR backend that has access to this tuner (can be anywhere in your home network). Once this is setup, install the according PVR addon for the backend you're using, configure it, activate liveTV in Kodi and be done. Then you have a mediacenter + settop box.

OpenElec is a complete solution, so strippe down Linux+XBMC in one small 120 MB package.
sorry man. Ill need to get myself a tuner and PVR backend first then. ill look into that. If i decide to put OpenElec onto my device, will i lose all the add ons i use at present? (mash up, ice films etc?)
again, no talk about piracy addons (read the forum rules). And if they run now on the PI they will also run later unless they require certain tools to be installed on the OS level (OE is stripped down, but has addons providing some additioal low level services if you look at the unofficial OE repo).

Note that if you have a SAT-IP setup at home, then you won't need an additional tuner but only some backend server software capable of talking SAT-IP. DVB-T sticks will also work - depending on your region and stations you like to watch. At LinuxTAG exhibition I had plugged in a DVB-T USB stick into the PI I was demoing with and also had it run the tvheadend server. It worked, but was ofc not the fastest thing when it had to run both, backend and XBMC/Kodi (reception was also bad in the exhibition hall)
Thanks for the help again. I might try installing Openelec later, ill look into the add ons etc before i do it as I wouldnt have a clue how to reinstall them.
Sorry I didnt really understand that last paragraph, not too familiar with SAT-IP and DVB-T
will Openelec help the fact my cpu usage is always around 90%?
depends what's causing the CPU load in first place. And those addons mentioned can be installed in several ways - either by installing repositories that contain these addons or by downloading the addons as ZIP file and install them from ZIP. Or just google.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin change cant add video add on..0