Android What hardware is better? Minix or Cubox
Wink 
Hi friends...

need buy one SBC for view my backups movies Smile

which choose :

MINIX NEO X8-H or CuBox-i4Pro ??

Thank !!!
HELLO any info would be great
none. you will have this for 2 years. choosing either of MINIX NEO X8-H or CuBox-i4Pro will have flaws. buy asus chromebox and you will not only have a fast system that plays everything but you will not have many issues. then when you want to upgrade the asus chromebox will sell better, since its a product more people know about and will want.

think of cost of ownership, you own it while you upgrade

this thread will help you decide
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209447
I have a Cubox-i i2 running Openelec 5.0 Beta 3 - Runs very smooth and was damn cheap. I have never used, seen or touched a MInix .. gotta say it looks cool. But as far as flaws the only thing I can say about Cubox-i + Openelec is that the red IR led will stay on.... forever! Smile . no other complaints.

oh wait, one thing: you gotta stay away from h265, I tried them on my brother's i4 and wasn't working. Sad (not sure if new models play them we got them a year ago give or take)
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
CuBox-i is fantastic and has stuff that normal Android boxes don't, like real *complete* CEC support and proper framerate switching. However, I hear that MiniX has a version of XBMC that also has on-the-fly framerate switching, but I don't know the details. If you don't need Android and you want something ARM, the CuBox-i is great and seems to be getting better all the time as the code matures even more.
Yep. Framerate switching is coming to Android Amlogic and Rockchip Wink
(2014-11-24, 09:26)Koying Wrote: Yep. Framerate switching is coming to Android Amlogic and Rockchip Wink

Shocked Where I can read more about that topic? And I would like to know if this then will be possible also on the Fire TV (knowing it is different chip)?

Thanks for any Info regarding this topic Smile

Regards
Vlaves
If want to use Android then might recommend the new MINIX NEO X8-H Plus, not standard X8 or X8-H

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/11/20/m...ogic-s812/
http://liliputing.com/2014/11/minix-laun...-s812.html

It uses Amlogic S812 chip, and you can find cheaper boxes with that chip but MINIX support is better.

(2014-08-21, 23:11)bondmac Wrote: need buy one SBC for view my backups movies Smile

which choose :

MINIX NEO X8-H or CuBox-i4Pro ?
Since you posted in the Android forum you should know that Kodi currently does not have support for hardware video decoding on CuBox-i for Android, only for Linux right now.

Right now the CuBox-i series should proabably not be recommended for Android.
(2014-11-22, 21:02)Ned Scott Wrote: CuBox-i is fantastic and has stuff that normal Android boxes don't, like real *complete* CEC support and proper framerate switching.
Yes it does but only for Linux, not for Android. Disclaimer needed since this is in the Android subforum.

Things might however change in the future.
Actually, I remember Rabeeh from Cubox posted an Android build with acceleration on their forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What hardware is better? Minix or Cubox0