XBMC with chromebox
(2014-08-22, 18:46)abc123doeraymej Wrote: This is bad, does it matter when I put the usb in?

i get it man, and I appreciate the help, its not so much the process as it is trying to understand the process. I'm excited to try it.

rance

the script will prompt you to insert the USB stick at the correct time, and let you know when it's safe to remove. You'll need 2 different sticks, one for the firmware backup, and one for the OpenELEC installer
So I'm in the process of doing this and everything is easy, just like you ssid. Got through step 6, rebooted and hit escape and now it seems to be stuck on the screen that says press esc for boot menu and below says booting from hard disk. Does this take a while, did I miss something?
(2014-08-27, 19:31)abc123doeraymej Wrote: So I'm in the process of doing this and everything is easy, just like you ssid. Got through step 6, rebooted and hit escape and now it seems to be stuck on the screen that says press esc for boot menu and below says booting from hard disk. Does this take a while, did I miss something?

assuming you did option 5 as well? try another keyboard if you're unable to press ESC with the one you are using
Yes I did 5 as well, do I need both usb in prior to this step? Pretty sure it's not the keyboard. The option 2 came up when I tried again but no response when I hit it.

Quick update I wasn't hitting esc 2 fast enough, it was only giving me a second. I'm now staring at xbmc! This is great, thanks for all the help.

Rance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with chromebox0