No video once XBMC is loaded
I'm new to Raspberry Pi. The problem that I'm having is no video once XBMC loads. I get the big R boot screen but that goes away and all I get is a black screen. I am still getting audio from the HDMI. I also had to use the "hdmi_safe=1" to get any video. The tv I'm using is an older 720p 32" Sansui LCD
Does the TV have an HDMI input, or are you using a converter (to VGA or DVI)?
Can you SSH to the system over your local network?
Derek
The same question is asked here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=202630
So seems to be more people with the same issue. Probably a hickup in the latest RaspBMC distro? Try to ask on the RaspBMC forums or try for example OpenElec
@dandnsmith - Yes I am using the HDMI input on the TV. and Yes I can SSH into the system. also it works perfect using the composite video. I also tyed a HDMI->DVI adapter on a lcd monitor and it booted perfectly.

@ijsbeer79 - thank you for the link but it sounds like im having a different issue then the other post. My system boots fully up but once xbmc start. my tv goes to a black screen. nothing showes up at all. (other post sounds like he boots to the comand line)
I lied, the sound was coming from my sony reciver. I plugged the pi directly into the TV hdmi and all I get is the big red R and then it goes to no signal. Any ideas why this is happening
It sounds as if the TV isn't reporting it's capabilities (correctly), and raspbmc is then proceeding to use a set of values which result in no signal displayable.
That hdmi-safe = 1 forces a set of minimal parameters which are listed in the raspberry pi wiki, and doesn't include the transfer of audio to the TV.
If that produces a visible (but not very good) result on the TV, then we can go to something which gets a better result.
I suggest that, for a start, you have a look at this posting which could help, and then I may be able to suggest some more steps to take.
Derek
so I was able to finally get xbmc to start. I added hdmi_drive=1 into the /boot/config.txt but as you can guess now I have no sound. What would cause my tv to show no signal if sound is being passed?
For a start, I suggest you post your config.txt so we can see exactly what those settings are.
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video once XBMC is loaded0