New Android Remote App
Hello,

I am putting together an Android remote for xbmc as part of my summer project for Queen's University Belfast.

It is based on gestures and speech recognition so its bit different from the usual Remote App. Its got a couple of other nifty features as well.

It is far from finished (eg it can recognise speech but just shows the first result as toast at the moment - no commands generated yet) but it is in a state that will allow people to test how effective it is for navigating about the xbmc UI.

I am running out of time but would love to hear any suggestions of things to include or how I can make it better. I only know one other person who uses xbmc so need people to try it out for me.

Any takers? Huh

Cheers,
Rod.
PS If you pm me I can email the apk.
Pop me a pm with a download address and I will give it a run..
If its a project for a Uni project then check out Yatse as this guy kills it as a full on XBMC android/smart TV remote...
Also you would have heard of droid remote and server.. The guy has put a lot of effort in to this as well..

So if you have time..pop the link and I can give you some feed back..
I can run it on the Nexus 10 and Galaxy S3.. Plus a dedicated HTC evo that runs a stripped down ROM with no radios that is just used for another remote around the house.

If you setup a shared google docs spreadsheet you could get user feed back on multiple devices that we could put into it. Is. ROM used, Android used, device used. Both on the send and receive devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Android Remote App0