XBMC Stuttering Only While Using HDMI
I have bought one of these devices and I wonder if anyone else is having this issue using android and Kodi or xbmc 13.1 or xbmc 13.2

I am able to play 1080p HD movies on the tablet perfectly it seems however when I plug in a mini hdmi to connect to a tv, I get a slight stutter every few seconds.

Hardware acceleration is enabled (libstagefright & MediaCodec). In playback I have ticked adjust display refresh rate to match video & have ticked sync playback to display. However I still get stuttering only when using the HDMI. Looking at the debug log it seems the cpu is maxing out once the hdmi is connected. Any ideas please or should I assume this device although able to play HD movies will not be able to power the same video over HDMI. I have read that many android are unable to play HD movies as they are not powerful enough however the spec for this device is as follows

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JAD1EQC

CPU - RK3188 Quad-Core (4 x 1.6GHz)
GPU - MALI Multi Core
Screen - 9.7" 2048 x 1536 Retina LCD 10 point touch
Memory (RAM)- DDR3 2GB
Storage - 16GB
External Storage - Supports upto 32GB tf-Card (micro sdhc card)
WiFi - 802.11b/g/n

What I found was that if go to android settings > HDMI and reduce the resolution to 720p when using the HDMI connector. It plays perfectly.
Sadly the keyword that explains this is the first word of the advertisement; "Cheapest". The tab has a non-mainstream cpu, a vague description of gpu and is completely unbranded. I'm afraid the tab doesn't handle the heavy load of rescaling full hd(1080p) content in real time to your tablets 1536p screen at the same time its displaying the same content on your tv.
I thought so, thanks for your reply

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Stuttering Only While Using HDMI0