Req Diacritic insensitive search
Hi

First post here. I hope I'm in the appropriate section.

Just tried the latest Kodi build on my RasPi. Great work !

I noticed the addition of several accented letters to the AZERTY virtual keyboard, which is great.

BUT, on the other hand, may I suggest the search function (left pane in Confluence) to be diacritic insensitive, please ? Currently, it seems not to be the case (in French, at least). For example, "desolation" doesn't match "désolation". It would be a great addition.

Thanks !
Welcome to the forums.

Unlikely because you cant search that in the database but if you search for deso alone it will match all thats have those letters. Its the same with ocean's and oceans etc. one is not like the other.
Hi uNiversal

> Its the same with ocean's and oceans etc. one is not like the other.

Mhhh... I'm sorry but I disagree : "ocean's" and "oceans" clearly differ (and I fully understand why the database engine can't easily find a match between them) while "désolation" and "desolation" only differ by a diacritic vowel (e vs é) - a "feature" that exist in many (mostly european) languages. I don't know how the database is managed behind the scene, but for example, most of the SQL bases can usually handle it.

Anyway, thanks for your time and your reply !
Yes, it wasn't a definitive reply,rather a educated guess based on another similar thread, where I took the oceans vs ocean's example, but I would imagine the difference between é and e to be hindered by similar limitation (again a guess) kodi uses sqlite. have a look around these threads Im sure this has been asked for in some way or another.

It will take some developer willing and with free time on their hands.

I hope however that my shortcut to search for a partial portion of name will solve this type issue in meanwhile Wink
From what I've seen SQLite has a "collating sequence" of NOCASE but it only works on the basic ASCII char set, not UTF-8 or even full Latin-1.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Yea its all utf8 iirc. anyway, good luck Wink
This could be a nice feature for my language too
Makes sense to me. Otherwise, have fun with this lot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Iceland

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Diacritic insensitive search0