Can XMBC install on Chromcast ?
I was thinking of getting one of these things as I heard about a price drop in the UK which got my attention Big Grin. I've got a 50inch tv but it's not a smart TV so thought this little device could possibly make it smarter as well as XBMCBig Grin
No.
Cheers Koying.
(2014-08-22, 18:09)SONY007 Wrote: I was thinking of getting one of these things as I heard about a price drop in the UK which got my attention Big Grin. I've got a 50inch tv but it's not a smart TV so thought this little device could possibly make it smarter as well as XBMCBig Grin

No. But Chromecast has screen mirroring for most android jelly bean or higher devices now. You could install xbmc on an android phone/tablet and then mirror it onto the chromecast screen. It will eat away at your battery real fast though.

Note, I haven't tried out the screen mirroring function so can't guarantee it works well. Also, Chromecast works through the internet and goes through Google servers. So I believe google can see everything you view if they wanted (though I doubt they would care what you view).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XMBC install on Chromcast ?0