Win XBMC 13.2 - Cache all Artwork?
Hello XBMC / Kodi People,

I've a problem with the Caching (or not) of Artwork: My Media is spread over some HDDs (e.g. 1:Movies, 2: TV-Shows, 3: Concerts), which are currently in a Docking-Station with only two slots.

So, when browsing through the library, I get a lot of black spots (Poster, Fanart etc.) for the media that is on a currently not docked in HDD.
Is there a way to tell XBMC to cache all the stuff? I remember I didn't have the problem in earlier versions.

Regards,
Robert
Texture Cache Maintenance
Thanks, but I don't think this will to the trick. I already deleted "Textures13.db+Thumbnails" completely and it doesn't help.

Also I the the "Local Information Only"-Scraper, so nothing should ne downloaded again.
Run "./texturecache.py c" while all of the posters and fanart are online (HDD docked etc.) and it will populate your cache so that artwork is visible even when the sources are offline/undocked. Though typically artwork is cached when scraped, so unless you're scraping on another machine (and using MySQL), the missing artwork could be down to something else. Try re-caching and see how far that gets you, if it still doesn't work look in your log for errors and post the details.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for that. But I will only be able to dock 2 of 3 HDDs simultaneously, is that a problem?
No, you'll get errors for the artwork that is offline. So just run the script a second time when the remaining disks are docked. Keep repeating until all the artwork has been cached.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It helped for the most Artwork, but some black spots on the home-screen. These black Spots appear, as soon as I unplug the HDD the media belongs to.

The xbmc.log says:
Code:
09:33:58 T:5392   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url H:\Movies\Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit (2014)\Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit-fanart.jpg
And you definitely cached the H: drive?

Try searching your cache for that fanart:
Code:
./texturecache.py s "Shadow Recruit-fanart.jpg"

It should return a database row if the artwork is present in the cache.

If no row is returned, then this artwork hasn't been cached and will need to be cached:
Code:
./texturecache.py c movies "jack ryan"

You can see what artwork is not yet cached (you don't need your disks attached for this) with:
Code:
./texturecache.py nc movies
(2014-08-24, 17:21)Milhouse Wrote: And you definitely cached the H: drive?

Try searching your cache for that fanart:
Code:
./texturecache.py s "Shadow Recruit-fanart.jpg"
Returns the following:
Code:
003186|2/2b53e32e.jpg|1080|1920|0002|2014-08-24 08:10:32|2014-08-24 09:59:28|H:\Movies\Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit (2014)\Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit-fanart.jpg
Matching row ids: 3186
It's pointing to the *.jpg on the H: Drive. I would have excepted to get a path into my "UserData/XMBC/Thumbnails" folder?
(2014-08-24, 17:21)Milhouse Wrote:
Code:
./texturecache.py nc movies
returned over 200 movies / 900 items to cache, it seems something went wrong before.

What I don't like about the script: I scraped the movies with the "Local Info Only"-Scraper, because all Fanart etc, is already present. Now this Re-Caching Prozess is downloading everything again?
(2014-08-24, 19:59)audio.addicted Wrote: It's pointing to the *.jpg on the H: Drive. I would have excepted to get a path into my "UserData/XMBC/Thumbnails" folder?

No, it's referencing the H: drive (the location of the original artwork) but it's pointing to "2/2b53e32e.jpg" which is the cached file in your UserData/XMBC/Thumbnails folder.

Check the file "2/2b53e32e.jpg" actually exists in your Thumbnails folder. Sometimes (particularly when the Thumbnails folder has been deleted, but not Textures13.db) the Textures13.db database can become out of sync with the contents of the Thumbnails folder. Running the following command will remove rows from Textures13.db that point to non-existent files in the Thumbnails folder:
Code:
./texturecache.py Xd

After running the above command, check again if the Shadow Recruit artwork is still in the cache (using the "s" command) - if not you'll need to re-cache it by connecting the H: drive and running "c movies" etc.

(2014-08-24, 19:59)audio.addicted Wrote: returned over 200 movies / 900 items to cache, it seems something went wrong before.

What I don't like about the script: I scraped the movies with the "Local Info Only"-Scraper, because all Fanart etc, is already present. Now this Re-Caching Prozess is downloading everything again?

If you want to restrict the caching process to a particular type of artwork, add "@cache.artwork=fanart" when calling the script, ie. "./texturecache.py c movies @cache.artwork=fanart" will cache only fanart that isn't already in the cache. If you want to cache only fanart and posters, "@cache.artwork=fanart,poster" etc.

However, if you have scraped your movies on this machine, then all your artwork should already be cached as part of the scraping process - if artwork is missing from the cache after scraping, that would be unexpected. At least now you can search your cache to confirm if the artwork is in the cache or not, and populate the cache when it is not.

However, the log entry you posted about:
Code:
9:33:58 T:5392   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url H:\Movies\Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit (2014)\Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit-fanart.jpg
is most likely just the background cache update process which runs periodically and checks the hash of cached artwork against the original source artwork to see if the artwork needs to be updated/refreshed in the cache. The message above is not an error, it's a diagnostic and nothing to worry about as it's perfectly understandable when the original artwork is offline.

The missing artwork in the image you included in post #7, is it the fanart or poster that is missing (I'm not familiar with that skin)? Check the "Shadow Recruit" poster has also been cached. Also check that the cached image for this movie isn't just a blank/black image!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.2 - Cache all Artwork?0