Audio problems with external sound card (Gotham 13.2)
Hi guys, this is my first post around so i'm sorry if this is not in the right place.

I'm having audio issues with the last two releases of Gotham when using my external sound card. Didn't had these issues with Frodo but after upgrading to Gotham my external sound card stopped working properly with XBMC. In version 13.1 the audio sounded like it was in fast forward when i streamed any video and after upgrading to 13.2 i simply lost all sound. All configurations seem correct but i can't seem to get any sound from XBMC.

I'm on a 27 inch late 2009 iMac and i'm using a Motu UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid sound card (my internal sound card is fried). Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
André

ps. i have another issue related to constant buffering when streaming videos after updating to 13.2, not sure if i open another thread for it..?
Please post a Debug Log - there were in deed some mac related audio changes from 13.1 to 13.2, so we need to see what's going on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here it is: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=277134
1. Have a look into osx audio-midi-setup and ensure that you have configured a channel mapping for this device (ensure that both stereo and multichannel layouts are defined)
2. If this doesn't help (you can see this in the log file it should not show "m_channels : UNKNOWN1,UNKNOWN2,UNKNOWN3,UNKNOWN4,UNKNOWN5,UNKNOWN6,UNKNOWN7,UNKNOWN8" but proper channel names like LEFT, RIGHT and so on). Then please try the latest Helix Alpha build where i have refactored device detection which might fix your problem aswell (this refactor is to major for beeing included into the Gotham line).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the reply Memphiz, after doing step 1 i lost all sound in my system except when it's configured to main out or any of the surround options. I'm currently in contact with Motu support to solve this issue that seems to be an analog out configuration problem between Motu audio setup and mac os audio-midi-setup config (which sees my 5-6 outs as 7-8). This is actually very strange cause i lost sound all over the system except in Safari, makes absolutely no sense to me. Anyway, using my main out which is not working properly so i can't use it permanently, i get sound from XBMC but with the previous issue which was the audio being like in fast forward all the time. Any help on this would be appreciated and i'll report back when i solve my current problem with motu support.

Thanks guys!
For the fast forward thingy i would need another debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi again, sorry for not replying for so long. I have some new issues related with this sound card and Kodi, never managed to get sound out of it and now it just crashes if i select the right Output for it in Kodi (which in this case would be outs 3-10 of my sound card). I'm running Kodi 15.0 on MacOSX 10.10.4.

The logs returns this error message:

16:16:57 T:4509577216 NOTICE: Initialize pseudo device - requesting stream 1
16:16:57 T:4509040640 ERROR: CActiveAEResampleFFMPEG::Init - init resampler failed
16:16:57 T:4509040640 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:16:57 T:4509040640 ERROR: CActiveAEResampleFFMPEG::Resample - resample failed
16:16:57 T:4509577216 ERROR: CActiveAESink::OutputSamples - failed
16:16:57 T:4509577216 ERROR: CEngineStats::UpdateSinkDelay - inconsistency in buffer time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problems with external sound card (Gotham 13.2)0