XBMC and Playon work good?
I've been running OpenElec for some time but a little while back I went to Windows and bought Playon and was able to add Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon sources. I found it cool but Netflix for instance wouldn't do things like show my currently watching episode, resume, or mark as watched. I decided to go back to OpenElec and use Netflix and Hulu on my PS4. Does anyone use Playon and have any advice on getting it to play nicer with Kodi like resume, watched status, etc.?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I just wanted to bump this and say that Playon and XBMC work well. I have menu entries now for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO Go as well as my regular movie and TV libraries. The problem I see is that when I use one of the playon channels like Netflix to watch a series for instance, XBMC doesn't mark the episodes as watched or allow me to resume if I stop watching. Is this a limitation of XBMC or PlayOn?
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I believe this is a Playon issue.

I never used Netflix through it but I don't ever remember it marking in the other channels as watched.
Yeah I asked the Playon devs and they said it was an XBMC thing LOL.

If I watch Netflix in a browser, it keeps track of where I am and I can resume days later and even automatically play the next episode.
How does the other channels act?

Do they resume properly?
Nope, none of them resume or mark read. If I open Netflix in a browser window or use the modern app and don't use Playon at all, I get a whole host of features like marking when done, ability to resume, and more. At least the way I have them, I pick something to watch and basically XBMC just plays it. It doesn't keep track of progress anywhere. I really want to cut the cord (or dish in my case) and want to make sure I can get what I want with XBMC and Playon. I really wish there was a way to get HBO Go and Showtime along with FX and AMC so I can watch my favorite shows the year they are in, even a day late. As it is, I watch XBMC for 95% of my movie/TV viewing with a small percentage of shows I HAVE to watch like Ray Donovan, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, and a couple more. Heck even if HBO had something like a 10$ or something a month subscription for HBO Go and a couple others. It would still beat my $185/month satellite bill. That's around $2,200 a year I could save.
do anybody knows if you get a "Search" feature in XBMC for the playon sources as opposed to just browse its contents? I am very interested in the xbmc-playon combo for accessing the amazon prime content from my htpc but i don't know why i keep thinking that the "search" feature is not going to be available (maybe i read about it somewhere).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Playon work good?0