Music & NFS Share
(2014-08-27, 02:50)Milhouse Wrote: Probably not, no.

Getting desperate now: Are you using MySQL or SQLite? Maybe your Music database is corrupted somehow, in which case drop it/delete it.

Anyway, a debug log (wiki) would be more helpful, kinda surprised it took this long before anyone asked you for it!

Here's the log.

It's interesting. I've been using XMBC or should I say Kodi for many years now and that has never worked for me but the same path using smb so I just used it for music and nfs for videos.
Code:
20:16:38 T:14764  NOTICE: Thread MusicInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
20:16:38 T:14764 WARNING: MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::Process directory 'nfs://10.10.1.10/Multimedia/Music/' does not exist - skipping scan.
20:16:38 T:11180  NOTICE: Thread MusicFileCounter start, auto delete: false
20:16:38 T:14764  NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:00

Hmm. Check the file/folder permissions and ownership, check the server exports etc.

There's also this:
Code:
20:50:48 T:29440   ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share:  (nfs_service failed)
Check your NFS server... whatever it is. Details like that would be nice to know.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
huh?
Pic 1 Pic 2
(2014-08-27, 03:01)breezytm Wrote: huh?

See link https://www.dropbox.com/s/emhl38tkdtqrip...4.png?dl=0

I don't doubt the folder exists as far as Windows (and SMB) is concerned, but what has that got to do with NFS?

This is unlikely to be an XBMC issue, and far more likely to be a server issue - you need to start posting configuration details of your NFS server and your exports.

Is this some sort of Windows-based NFS server (Hanewin or whatever), because I have no idea how to fix that so I'm most likely out at this point.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
At least it's not a Windows box!

Pasting the contents of your /etc/exports file is *much* more informative than pretty pictures.

Have you at any point followed the NFS QNAP wiki guide? I'm not entirely sure if it still applies to the version you are running.
(2014-08-27, 03:10)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 03:01)breezytm Wrote: huh?

See link https://www.dropbox.com/s/emhl38tkdtqrip...4.png?dl=0

I don't doubt the folder exists as far as Windows (and SMB) is concerned, but what has that got to do with NFS?

This is unlikely to be an XBMC issue, and far more likely to be a server issue - you need to start posting configuration details of your NFS server and your exports.

Is this some sort of Windows-based NFS server (Hanewin or whatever), because I have no idea how to fix that so I'm most likely out at this point.

I updated my previous comment.

I am using a nas box, QNap, and the permissions are pre-set. The OS comes with the "Multimedia" folder and the appropriate permissions for media uses. There aren't any reasons to modify the permission and I never did. They just work. Give me a couple of minute to ssh to box and grab the exports file.
Code:
"/share/MD0_DATA/Download" *(ro,async,no_root_squash,insecure)
"/share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia" *(ro,async,no_root_squash,insecure)
"/share/MD0_DATA/Public" *(rw,async,no_root_squash,insecure)
"/share/MD0_DATA/raspbmc" *(rw,async,no_root_squash,insecure)  10.10.1.40(rw,async,no_root_squash,insecure)
Not being familiar with QNAP, do you still need to do step 10 and 11 on your QNAP? What's in your /etc/config/nfssetting file?
(2014-08-27, 03:47)Milhouse Wrote: Not being familiar with QNAP, do you still need to do step 10 and 11 on your QNAP? What's in your /etc/config/nfssetting file?

No. When I manually created a share for raspmbc it was a wizard that take you step by step on how to set the permissions.

Code:
[Access]
/share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia = ro
/share/MD0_DATA/Download = ro
/share/MD0_DATA/raspbmc = rw
[AllowIP]
/share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia = *
/share/MD0_DATA/Download = *
/share/MD0_DATA/raspbmc = *, 10.10.1.40
[SquashOption]
/share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia = no_root_squash
[AnonUID]
/share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia = 65534
[AnonGID]
/share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia = 65534
In that case the Wizard conflicts with the Wiki, as your /etc/config/nfssetting file is missing the insecure options as described by the Wiki. Perhaps the Wiki applies to an older version of the QNAP software, I really don't know, but the worst you can do is follow the known working process for your server, so follow the Wiki.
Yeah the wiki is really really really old.
ls -al /share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia/Music ... my guess is that you don't have read permission on this folder. This prevents XBMC from listing the contents - but you can still access subfolders if those have proper permissions. Thats how unix filesystems work and this is not a XBMC issue but a filesystem permission issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This is the answer that I got from DA Anda...Maybe it works for your similar problem.
I will try this tonight.

unfortunately we're a bit inconsistent here (which is bugging me for long, but others want it that way). For videos, we immediately ask you about the content type of the just added share and if you want to scan the content of this share into your library. For music we don't do this, because some claim that one might want to use different metadata providers (scrapers) depending on the genre or whatever for better matches. Thus you define the default scraper in settings and can overrule it for each folder in the share. To trigger an initial scan, fire up the context menu (right click on mouse, "c" button on keyboard, usually menu button on remotes) on the share and choose "scan for new content" (or "add to library" - not sure how it's labeled exactly). After that, wait for a very long time (depending on the size of your library). After initial scan finished, you have the same nice library views as for movies and tv-shows
(2014-08-27, 10:25)Memphiz Wrote: ls -al /share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia/Music ... my guess is that you don't have read permission on this folder. This prevents XBMC from listing the contents - but you can still access subfolders if those have proper permissions. Thats how unix filesystems work and this is not a XBMC issue but a filesystem permission issue.

Code:
[~] # ls -al /share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia/
drwxrwxrwx    8 admin    administ      4096 Apr 29 22:53 ./
drwxrwxrwx   33 admin    administ      4096 Aug 25 16:04 ../
drwxrwxrwx  193 admin    administ      4096 Jun 30 14:03 Music/
drwxrwxrwx    9 admin    administ      4096 Jul 13 20:22 Videos/
[~] # ls -al /share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia/Music/
drwxrwxrwx  193 admin    administ      4096 Jun 30 14:03 ./
drwxrwxrwx    8 admin    administ      4096 Apr 29 22:53 ../
drwxrwxrwx    7 admin    administ      4096 Apr 30 00:15 112/

I thought nfs permissions were set at root level and subfolders inherit the parent. Unless I am missing something.

(2014-08-27, 11:25)Patje26 Wrote: This is the answer that I got from DA Anda...Maybe it works for your similar problem.
I will try this tonight.

unfortunately we're a bit inconsistent here (which is bugging me for long, but others want it that way). For videos, we immediately ask you about the content type of the just added share and if you want to scan the content of this share into your library. For music we don't do this, because some claim that one might want to use different metadata providers (scrapers) depending on the genre or whatever for better matches. Thus you define the default scraper in settings and can overrule it for each folder in the share. To trigger an initial scan, fire up the context menu (right click on mouse, "c" button on keyboard, usually menu button on remotes) on the share and choose "scan for new content" (or "add to library" - not sure how it's labeled exactly). After that, wait for a very long time (depending on the size of your library). After initial scan finished, you have the same nice library views as for movies and tv-shows

Unfortunately that's not the issue here. But I do agree with you about the scanning part.
id admin

then use that id to squash all access to in /etc/exports (e.x. set this id as anonuid and enable all_squash)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music & NFS Share0