Release Black Glass Nova 2.x for Kodi 13.x Gotham
Black Glass Nova 2.x - Gotham

Changelog 2.5.1
  • Updated Languages from Transifex.
  • Added animation for volume dialogs.
  • Added option to customize the TvShow home menu item entry point.
  • Improved info in full screen fanart.
  • Reworked gfx for volume dialogs.
  • Added support for Polish rating system.
  • Added support for Arial font.
  • Settings item in home screen can now be disabled.
  • Added scrolling to long strings in Skin Settings.
  • Added button for Settings in Top Bar.
  • Added Icon and Background for PleXBMC.
  • Improved management of backgrounds.
  • Visual enhancement for shelf in vertical home.
  • New layout for horizontal home shelf. More mouse friendly.
  • Code reorganisation & Simplification.
  • Music info can now disappear when there's no active visualisation.
  • Better support for Movie sets.
  • Added fixed mode mouse navigation in Card List view.
  • Added fixed mode mouse navigation in Fanart view.
  • Bugs fixed.

Changelog 2.4.0
  • Added support for script.extendedinfo in Songs Info.
  • Added support for script.extendedinfo in Album/Artist info screens.
  • Added support for script.extendedinfo in PVR info screens.
  • Updated support for script.extendedinfo in Movies / TvShows screens.
  • Updated country flags.
  • Added new font DejaVuSans supporting different character sets and languages.
  • Updated languages files.
  • Added Hevc icon.
  • Improved Weather screen adding support for 14 days, 36 hours, weekend, hour and maps view.
  • Improved Quit Menu.
  • Improved profile settings.
  • Added View As feature in Addon Browser.
  • Simplified code for views. Code reorganisation.
  • Simplified fullscreen music info management.
  • Added genre info in Video screens.
  • Added support for random skin widgets items in home menu.
  • Added button to cancel shutdown timer.
  • Added cdART Manager button in DialogAlbumInfo.
  • New order for views.
  • Improved management for icons of home items. Works better with smart playlists.
  • Added support for Access Points.
  • Bugs fixed.

Changelog 2.3.0
  • Added support for script.grab.fanart. It's now possible to add a random multi-image background to videos, movies, tvshows, music items in home screen.
  • Added option to customise the entry point of the music item in home screen.
  • Added support for large texture manager.
  • Enable ClearArt for Card List view.
  • Added ability to auto hide music playing info in skin settings.
  • Made the "Settings" button in quit menu always visible.
  • Added full support for Mediaportal Pvr plugin.
  • Enabled banners for movie sets.
  • Added preliminary support for Script.ExtendedInfo.
  • Removed support for Metadata Actors.
  • Updated translations from Transifex.
  • Enhanced top bar playing now video info.
  • Enabled watched / unwatched icons for videos in file mode.
  • New media info icons management.
  • Added cache progress bar in OSD.
  • Added "Not Rated" and "Unrated" mpaa rating logos.
  • Enhancements for Peripheral dialogs.
  • Bugs fixed.

Changelog 2.2.0
  • Added Kiosk Mode.
  • Skin settings reorganisation.
  • Added scrollbar in Timer settings dialogue.
  • Updated translations from Transifex.
  • Added option to disable auto sliding animations of list views when there's no info available.
  • Prevent fullscreen music when tvtunes is playing.
  • Removed visualizations when tvtunes is playing.
  • Enabled TvTunes add-on for movies and music videos too.
  • Added version info in AddonBrowser.
  • Bugs fixed

Changelog 2.1.0
  • BGN: added sliding animation to reveal fullscreen fan art.
  • Added fullscreen button in topbar.
  • Added Home button in topbar.
  • Updated language files.
  • New logic for cd art in music playing screen.
  • Now artist slideshow and fanart is always working in music playing screen.
  • Fixed screens for WMC timers.
  • Added support for NextPVR.
  • Reworked mouse navigation in home screens.
  • Added support for Rss editor.
  • Enabled Topbar navigation in home menu with keyboard/remote.
  • Bugs fixed

Thanks
Pecinko for Amber skin which served as the base to this skin
All the xbmc team and addon developers

Screenshots
Some pictures of the skin: Screenshots

Special features & Supported Plugins
Git Repository
Here is the git repository of the skin for anyone who wants to follow its development:
https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...ree/gotham

Install from GitHub
If you can't wait for the official skin update in xbmc add-on repository, you can manually install the latest skin revision from GitHub. Here is how:

1. Switch to the "Confluence" skin in Settings.
2. Uninstall "Black Glass Nova" from installed Addons
3. Close XBMC
4. Go into your "packages" folder:
  • Android -> Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/packages/
  • iOS -> /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages/
  • Linux -> ~/.xbmc/addons/packages/
  • Mac OS X -> /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/packages/
  • OpenELEC -> /storage/.xbmc/addons/packages/
  • Windows XP, 7, 8 -> %appdata%\XBMC\addons\packages\
and delete every file starting with "skin.blackglassnova"

5. Download the zipped skin from https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...gotham.zip
6. Start XBMC and go to Settings -> Add-ons and select "Install from zipped file". Browse for the file downloaded in point n. 5 and press "ok". The updated skin should install.

Donations
If you like this skin so much that you want to help a little bit, you can donate here (much appreciated):

Image Image
First of all, let me say how great this skin is. I am using it enabled with PleXMBC and it's been working wonders. So, thank you very much!

Can you tell me if it's possible to change the behavior to do the following:
- When scrolling to each of the of menu items, have the Recently View/On Deck be shown to the right without having to press the right button?
- When clicking on the menu item, automatically go into All items, rather than bringing up the choices: All, Unwatched, Recent, etc? This functionality is already available if one presses left button.

Also, for some of my menu items, when pressing right button it shows "On Deck", while for others it shows "Recently added". Where is this controlled?

Thanks a lot!
(2014-09-14, 05:57)igjunk Wrote: - When scrolling to each of the of menu items, have the Recently View/On Deck be shown to the right without having to press the right button?
- When clicking on the menu item, automatically go into All items, rather than bringing up the choices: All, Unwatched, Recent, etc? This functionality is already available if one presses left button.
Also, for some of my menu items, when pressing right button it shows "On Deck", while for others it shows "Recently added". Where is this controlled?

Deck items can only be shown pressing right (vertical menu) or up (horizontal menu).
The plex choices list can be enabled in plexbmc settings -> Look and feel -> Enable extra filter menus.
With vertical home menu you have to press "right" (or "up" in horizontal home layout) to show deck items, then "up" the cycle between recently and recommended/ondeck/random items.

Thanks

Tgx
Pressing up to cycle between recently/ondeck/random doesn't work. Pressing up doesn't do anything, as a matter of fact. Sad
(2014-09-14, 17:52)igjunk Wrote: Pressing up to cycle between recently/ondeck/random doesn't work. Pressing up doesn't do anything, as a matter of fact. Sad

Please make sure you have Shelf items set to "Recent & OnDeck Items" in Plexbmc settings -> Skin home shelf.

Thanks

Tgx
I only see "Enabled" options under PleXBMC skin settings. Under Skin home shelf, There is only "General, Recommended, Random Items & Recent Items", and none of these have Recent & OnDeck Items, anywhere.
(2014-09-23, 04:06)igjunk Wrote: I only see "Enabled" options under PleXBMC skin settings. Under Skin home shelf, There is only "General, Recommended, Random Items & Recent Items", and none of these have Recent & OnDeck Items, anywhere.

I'm using the latest version of plexbmc available on github, not the one in xbmc addon repository:

https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video.../frodo.zip

Thanks

Tgx
Amo la tua skin, complimenti ! Big Grin
Just a small request : is it possible to add "already viewed" and "partially viewed" marks also in the section video/files? Not all my video files are in my catalogue but it would be useful to have these marks also for files that are directly watched from video/files section.
Cheers Wink
Hi, really loving this skin many thanks for your hard work, just one thing I've got some overlapping text in low list view any ideas on how to fix? cheers

9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2014-10-19, 11:59)LordByron Wrote: Amo la tua skin, complimenti ! Big Grin
Just a small request : is it possible to add "already viewed" and "partially viewed" marks also in the section video/files? Not all my video files are in my catalogue but it would be useful to have these marks also for files that are directly watched from video/files section.
Cheers Wink

I'm working on it.

Thanks

Tgx
(2014-10-22, 19:37)wints Wrote: Hi, really loving this skin many thanks for your hard work, just one thing I've got some overlapping text in low list view any ideas on how to fix?

Fixed in the latest commit on Github:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...b92e39828a

Thanks

Tgx
Brilliant many thanks Tgx
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Tgx, would it be possible for you get extended info script for movie sets info work? cheers

(2014-10-24, 19:59)wints Wrote: Tgx, would it be possible for you get extended info script for movie sets info work? cheers

Added to my to-do list.

Thanks

Tgx
I recently moved to trying out BGN, especially with view to using it in Helix
As I'm getting used to it, I'm liking it more & more - thanks for your efforts in producing a very nice skin!!

A couple of quick questions however:

1. Some of the video sources require a 'captcha' type code to be entered - the problem is that screen keyboard is on top of the given code, so unless you catch it really quick before the keyboard screen pops up, you can no longer read what is required to be entered to continue.

2. If the video 'info' is launched, it will never display the resolution (at least none that I have checked) - just ?? in the icon. Is it possible to have it display accurately there?

Appreciate if you can advise on these - the first one is more of an issue, the latter a 'nice-to'

And perhaps a suggestion/request?
The home shelf icons for add-ons are REALLY big - could these perhaps be scaled down a bit?
I think visually would be more appealing and also more of them would actually fit on the screen without scrolling

(If I have missed something in the set-up that addresses any of these, my apologies!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 2.x for Kodi 13.x Gotham2