Audio delay options request
Hi all

Like many I have problems with audio sync with different refresh rates and wanted to know if it could be possible to add 3 audio sync options.

Eg

Audio delay for 24hz
Audio delay for 60hz
Audio delay for 50hz

And maybe others to which I might of missed.

If these options where added under the audio and advance options I think this would sort out a lot of problems with people's systems as then people could set delays for each refresh options. And not only that it would help people who run more than one front end on different setups to.

Maybe even ad a audio test file to so u can run it and adjust the video to Suit the audio

I would love an option to be able to set each audio sync for that refresh. I think this would solve a lot of problems,

What do you think

Thanks
The trouble people go through for "pure audio quality"/passthrough...
Its possible via advancedsettings.xml http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96916
Although I only get sync issues when my avr is on and because its not possible to set audio delay via jsonrpc I havent been able to automate the process, best solution I have atm is a remote button mapped to AudioDelay which brings up the on screen slider.
(2014-08-24, 00:41)Ned Scott Wrote: The trouble people go through for "pure audio quality"/passthrough...

I use that option to but still have sync problems with 24hz, but it would be nice if we could have different options for different refresh rates for the audio sync.

it would stop people trying to use advance settings.xml and also like the post below using a remote to bring up a delay for the audio everytime its not right, this is all well and good for people like me who know xbmc like the back of my hand buts its not wife and child friendly

it would be great if you could set up different audio syncs with different refesh and then once it set you do not have to touch it ever again.

as we know the sync and 24hz has been going on for a long time at least from xbmc10

you already do this when you go into audio and subtitles settings as you can change the sync and then save it for all videos which is great if you have all 50hz or 24hz videos but not much good for mixed content of 24hz, 50hz and 60hz videos

it might be a good feature ?

cheers
anyone think its a good idea
Yeah its a good idea and its already possible.
What do u mean it's already possible ? Has it been added to kodi ?

Cheers
(2014-08-26, 15:05)meridius Wrote: What do u mean it's already possible ? Has it been added to kodi ?

Cheers

(2014-08-24, 01:18)teeedubb Wrote: Its possible via advancedsettings.xml http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96916
Although I only get sync issues when my avr is on and because its not possible to set audio delay via jsonrpc I havent been able to automate the process, best solution I have atm is a remote button mapped to AudioDelay which brings up the on screen slider.
Well that's not for the lasted xbmc.

I am asking for a feature to be added to the new kodi version in the audio menus without messing about with files and patches and fixes.

I thought that's was the point of asking about adding new features not workarounds in feature suggestions ?

Thanks
and to much option in the GUI isn't also something we are after. Hence the reason some advanced and rarely used things are done through advancedsettings.xml

Up to some of the devs if they could possible integrate it in a not techy way. As always it's better to find the root cause of these different delys instead of adding work arounds.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yep I agree but this problem has been going on for years not months and it seems it can not be nailed down hence the reason for the options to be added

I know u don't want a lot of more options but to be honest there are a lot of options in xbmc anyway so one more options would not make that much of a difference under advance.

It's just my thoughts but would be a good option to have sice audio sync is one of the biggest problems with xbmc.

Thanks
Anyone ?
(2014-09-04, 20:22)meridius Wrote: Anyone ?

Anyone what? What are you asking at this point that hasn't already been asked?
Would it be possible to add this option In The next version of kodi

Thanks
possible, yes. probable, no.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio delay options request0