Different shortcuts do the same?
I have set the left / right arrow keys to skip 15 sec. for / back:

<timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek. -->
<timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward> <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek. -->

And I want the keys "comma" and "dot" to act like the default setting (skip forward / back, 15 sec. or so). But it appears, when I change the above value (15) the value skip length for the "comma" and "dot" keys are effected also. How could I change the value only for the arrow keys or for the comma, dot keys separately?

The advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>

<video> <!-- "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->

<ignoresecondsatstart>600</ignoresecondsatstart>
  <ignorepercentatend>5</ignorepercentatend>  
  <playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent> <!--Minimum percentage that has to be played before it is marked as watched. Set to 101 to never auto-mark items as watched -->

<smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>  <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
  <smallstepbacktries>3</smallstepbacktries>
  <smallstepbackdelay>300</smallstepbackdelay>
  <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>  <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
  <timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. von Biff: Pfeil rechts -->
  <timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. von Biff: Pfeil links  -->
  <timeseekforwardbig>300</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). von Biff: Pfeil nach oben  -->
  <timeseekbackwardbig>-300</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). von Biff: nach unten  -->

<percentseekforward>2</percentseekforward>  <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 2. -->
  <percentseekbackward>-2</percentseekbackward>  <!-- Amount to seek backward as a percentage, when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -2. -->
  <percentseekforwardbig>10</percentseekforwardbig>  <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 10. -->
  <percentseekbackwardbig>-10</percentseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -10. -->
  <blackbarcolour>1</blackbarcolour>  <!-- colour of the black bars (0->255), (black->white) on videos. -->

<fullscreenonmoviestart>true</fullscreenonmoviestart> <!-- Whether to go to fullscreen or not when starting a movie. Defaults to true. -->

</video> <!-- use "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->

<videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>

<videoscanner>
    <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
  </videoscanner>

</advancedsettings>
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Offhand I'm not sure, but I think it should be possible to make the actionID in the keymap just tell XBMC to go forward or back a specific time, rather than use the pre-defined actions.
Hmmm, well, thank you, Ned.

I assume, these functions (IDs?) would be the ones I could use, but they are already in use, cannot find other ones for skipping:

StepForward Step forward 30 seconds in a video.
StepBack Step back 30 seconds in a video.
BigStepForward Step forward 10 minutes in video.
BigStepBack Step back 10 minutes in video.
SmallStepBack Step back 7 seconds in the current video.

Could that be right to step back (7 sec.) between the <FullscreenVideo> tags: <, >SmallStepBack</,>
comma and dot IS mapped to the same action as left and right so duh .. Wink

quote is mapped to SmallStepBack by default, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...d.xml#L245

ned's info is wrong, there is no such thing as an action taking a parameter.
Thank you, ironic_monkey.

Quote:comma and dot IS mapped to the same action as left and right so duh ..
Yes, I know, I have understood - may be wrong - to re-mapp so you can use the keys separately from the arrow keys.

Hmmm, I am wondering why the comma key and the left arrow key do (similar) the same and dot key and right arrow key.

Actually I would like to have 2 shortcuts for some smaller steps back / forward. I have arrow up / down for 5 min. And left, right arrows 15 sec. back / forward and now 2 keys / shortcuts would be good doing about 5 sec. back / forward.
there are 3 (2 for forward) classes of steps.

smallstepback - intended for 'missed the conversation, quick hop back to recatch it'
stepback/forward
bigstepback/forward.
Yes, I had seen them

I cannot find smallstepback here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keyboard_controls but here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=keymap
Which key does work with it?
i linked you the default keymap and mentioned it verbatim. it's quote!
(2014-08-24, 11:39)ironic_monkey Wrote: ned's info is wrong, there is no such thing as an action taking a parameter.

Sorry, seems I was thinking of the percentage seek, where someone could map a button to seek to 80% of a video.

Possible alternatives:

Use a simple script that is called by the key to seek by a specific amount.

Another possible option would be to use a remote with number pad, then press number for seconds then left or right, and you will seek that amount of time. So 4 + right will go forward four seconds.

Someone also once used the analog seek action to "fake" an additional step, but I haven't tried that myself. It doesn't sound too reliable for a normal remote. It's too bad they don't make remotes with analog triggers, as analog seeking is one of the nicest things about using a gamepad for a remote control.
Alright, many thanks.

I just use the keyboard to "remote" XBMC while watching movies. And actually I just wanted a simple key press doing that skipping. So there are just two skipp lengths (for back and for) you can mapp to 4 keys, e.g. 15 sec for and back and e.g. 5 min. for and back. I guess, I will leave it like that.

Many thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different shortcuts do the same?0