Release xbmcbuntu 13.2 Gotham with Nvidia driver
No longer working with my old tweak but you can make it work like that:

- just download the last kodibuntu.iso rename it on xbmcbuntu.iso
- use universal usb installer choose xbmcbuntu put your xbmcbuntu.iso and create at least 2gb persistent date.
- boot to usb choose live

When you have the black screen do ctrl+alt+F1 put your login and password (press enter)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa: xorg-edgers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-340
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo reboot

Now start again live cd and it is work!

Old tweak don't use:

This version are made for Nvidia card's owner but supports everyone I guess. (supports GeForce 700 Series like my gtx780 )

If you have blackscreen with xbmcbuntu-13.0~gotham_amd64.iso after clicking Try XBMCbuntu without installing or Install XBMCbuntu you can try this version.
I update nvidia drivers to 331.88 and update xbmc to the 13.2 finale in trying without installing mode.

Links: http://gc9gtvporr.1fichier.com/ or http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/Qbw8dBV4

For Install:
Use Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 here choose xbmcbuntu in step1 Warning do not use Persistent let it to 0MB because it already contained persistent data.
Try boot usb if they won't verifiy in your bios that your uefi option are disabled (windows 8-8.1 feature for msi motherboard)

You choose install, set params as you want but use a password when asking.
After end of the installation let him restart and after you have a blackscreen it is normal nvidia driver are gone, just put it back. For doing that:

When you have the black screen do ctrl+alt+F1 put your login and password (press enter)
sudo apt-get update (press enter)
sudo apt-get purge xbmc && sudo apt-get install xbmc (press enter and y if is asking)
sudo apt-get purge nvidia* && sudo apt-get install nvidia-331 (press enter and y if is asking)
sudo apt-get update & sudo apt-get autoremove (press enter and y if is asking)
sudo reboot

Now you can Enjoy Xbmcbuntu with the lastest stable version !

I hope is working for You and then we can have a Kodibuntu with UEFI.

Thanks to Pendrivelinux and XBMC-TEAM for their amazing work !

Made By Lio

[email protected]
I have XBMCbuntu 13.0 installed and I've been trying to upgrade to 13.2 and I like the idea of upgrading the Nvidia driver. I was thinking of doing the instructions below:

sudo apt-get purge xbmc && sudo apt-get install xbmc (press enter and y if is asking)
sudo apt-get purge nvidia* && sudo apt-get install nvidia-331 (press enter and y if is asking)
sudo reboot

But I saw your "Old tweak don't use" comment.

I don't suppose you have updated instructions on how to update the Nvidia driver?

Also - I've been trying to upgrade to 13.2 and I've done:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

but it's still at 13.0.

Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade says it will install Kodi and I don't want that right now.

Thank you in advance. Hopefully this post isn't too late
(2015-02-06, 21:53)yite Wrote: I have XBMCbuntu 13.0 installed and I've been trying to upgrade to 13.2 and I like the idea of upgrading the Nvidia driver. I was thinking of doing the instructions below:

sudo reboot

But I saw your "Old tweak don't use" comment.

I don't suppose you have updated instructions on how to update the Nvidia driver?

Also - I've been trying to upgrade to 13.2 and I've done:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

but it's still at 13.0.

Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade says it will install Kodi and I don't want that right now.

Thank you in advance. Hopefully this post isn't too late

Hi, you can do for xbmc 13.2 :

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc=2:13.2* xbmc-bin=2:13.2*
sudo reboot

And for nvidia :

sudo add-apt-repository ppa: xorg-edgers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-340

Wink
Worked perfectly!

Thank you again