XBMC is not starting
1. Version of XBMC: 13.2.0.0
2. Windows Version + patch level: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (32 bit)
3. CPU/Architecture: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (32 bit)
4. RAM amount: 2GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem: Double-click XBMC or Run as administrator
6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem: Not a clue
7. FULL Debug Log: Not possible. No logs are being created .. in fact, Roaming\XBMC does not exist

When trying to start XBMC on this machine, it looks like it's trying something for a few seconds, but then nothing. No error, no creation of directories, nothing. This is both just double-clicking the icon and trying to Run as administrator.

First I thought it was too little RAM on this machine, so I doubled the RAM to 2GB, no change. Then I thought maybe the video card wasn't handling it, so I put in a NVidia GeForce 6200 A-LE, no change. Then I thought the OS had an issue so I did a completely fresh install, no change. Any ideas?
So no ideas? Well, I guess the next step is to swap out the motherboard and put in a mb with a 64 bit CPU. I was really hoping to avoid that.
The Windows version is a 32bit application. o.o
Yep. That's why I didn't think there would be a problem on the current motherboard, which is 32-bit. But nope. Won't start. The 6 computers running a 64 bit processor and 64 bit operating systems don't have a problem like that.
create an advancedsettings.xml and add:

Code:
<advancedsettings><loglevel>1</loglevel></advancedsettings>

and post the log to pastebin or xbmclogs
(2014-08-25, 04:22)helta Wrote: create an advancedsettings.xml and add:

Code:
<advancedsettings><loglevel>1</loglevel></advancedsettings>

and post the log to pastebin or xbmclogs

Ok, did that. Had to create XBMC and userdata manually. Created the advancedsettings.xml. Still no log file, no start.
well that sounds like your install is messed up, can you disable any antivirus/malware and download/run the installer again? something isn't right.
It's a new installation of Windows 7, and XBMC as of last night because I was having the same problems then. There is no antivirus on this machine. And I just used the installer to install to another 64 bit machine and it's running perfectly. It's scanning libraries now.
Alright. So no more suggestions? I guess this hasn't happened to anyone else before so there's probably not much point in trying to troubleshoot it. I'll just swap the motherboard.
If this were me, I'd be looking in the Windows logs for a reason it's not running. From what I remember, Windows does do a fair bit of logging. Also, you might want to consider that your 32bit install has something missing from it and that unless you wrote zero's to your drive in between installs, that a format and re-install is probably not a fresh install at all...
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Does the other one have the same processor?
from reading the Athlon XP 3000 doesn't have SSE2 which we require
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-25, 08:13)Martijn Wrote: Does the other one have the same processor?
from reading the Athlon XP 3000 doesn't have SSE2 which we require

Ah hah! Ok, so that's got to be it then! Unfortunately the 64bit motherboard is bad so I'm stuck with this one for now. I'll check into a CPU upgrade and put one in that has SSE2. Thank you Martijn!
adjusted the wiki page as well to reflect the hardware specs
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is not starting0