MP3 decoding problem
Hello,

I really like the software, but I'm having a problem with what I think is unproper mp3 decoding.

I am using mp3's made with either Logic Pro X or iTunes (192kbps) on Mac OS X 10.9.4

When I play them in Finder or iTunes, they sound good, but in XBMC I can hear that weird phaser-like noise in the upper frequencies (like a broken magnet tape). I know this has to do with mp3 decoding and the fact that mp3 is not lossless, but I'm wondering why the noise is not heard in iTunes?

Thank you!
any equalizer settings applied in itunes?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-08-24, 19:26)Memphiz Wrote: any equalizer settings applied in itunes?

no, everything is turned off in both itunes and xbmc... normalize, eq aso.

the volumes are also the same in both... at least from what I can tell, maybe xvmc a bit louder, but still the difference is very noticeable.

EDIT: have 2 audio interfaces - Roland Quad Capture (USB) and Yamaha Motif XS (Firewire). The files and the differences sound the same with both.
Are this vbr mp3s with variable bitrate by any chance? Or does this really happen with all Mp3s (also those with fixed bitrate)?

Also please post a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3 decoding problem0