Help to get XBMC Running with mysql server
Hi Guys

I now sped more than 8 hours on this without any luck and before posting read all available info and forums via google.

What I am trying to do: To get my XBMC - PI connected to MQSQL server running on my WD EX4
XBMC Version: 13.1 (RASPBMC)
WD EX4: MYSQL Server

What I confirmed:
- SQL Server running with user xbmc and you can connect to it via different Unix PC and port is open and you can get to the mysql prompt

advancedsettings.xml:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.14</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.14</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<recentlyaddeditems>200</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Debug Log:
http://pastebin.com/ySR2UHbv
Are you connected via a cable or wifi ? In any case, if you are 100% sure that the user/password and IP address is correct, then the most likely reason is XBMC is trying to connect before the network is up.

Please don't post logs here, use pastebin
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Maybe the xbmc on the Rpi can't create the DB? Please try it with the same advancedsettings.xml and XBMC on Win7 or Linux and let it create the DB. Then you can (hopefully) connect to the DB with the RPi.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Just to point out that your advancedsettings.xml contains an error - you've included the </advancedsettings> tag twice. Although it doesn't appear to explain why you can't connect to MySQL, as the Pi has managed to read that part of the as.xml. Usually, MySQL connection errors are due to the server not being configured to accept network connections but you say you've tested that, in which case double check the username/password/port (or even that the server is up and running).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks guys for super quick updates and I uploaded the logs to http://pastebin.com/ySR2UHbv.

I will try to do what you guys said and will post the results. I can see some people having similar issues.
Solo0815 you are a real HERO as your method worked on MAC XBMC and it created the DB in my WD EX4 NAS.........and I can see the DB MyMusic46 and MyVideo78. When I point my PI to the same SQL server via advancedsettings.xml I am not getting the Movies folder and debug log in below location..... What should I doHuh

MAC, PI and NAS in same IP Subnet and I used the same advancedsettings.xml in MAC and PI. Also firewall is disabled in PI settings.

Latest Logs:
http://pastebin.com/07tD3ey3

Dann
Hi Guys
Issue now fixed by applying "Update" option in the PI - Settings screen under Networks. I rebooted the PI many times and didn't fix the issue but updating network settings vis PI settings fixed it.

Thanks again all.....

Dann
Don't forget to fix your advancedsettings.xml.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help to get XBMC Running with mysql server1