XBMC Central MySQL database
Hi everyone,

I had a quick look through the forums and did not find a solution for the problem.

Since 2012 I have been using a nightly build from August 2012 for my XBMC solution, I have it running on various Windows, Apple TV2 and OSX, it works perfectly with the media stored locally has I have been doing for a long time.

I did use some addons for foreign TV and Sports but now I can no longer use them or update them, always complain about dependencies etc... I wanted to upgrade to the latest version and would like now to include Android into the equation for my tablets and phones.

I have had a few attempts at upgrading but with no success, I know I must run all the same version on all devices due to database revisions it creates etc...

My question is could someone point me to a release that will work on all my devices with a central mysql database using the advanced settings file.

Many thanks your help is appreciated.
I use XBMC v13.2 on ATV2, OS X, Windows, Linux, and Android, and it works great for me and there are no specific MySQL issues for v13.2. Is there any reason to assume it won't work?
Many thanks for the quick reply Ned, at present I have 3 databases xbmc_video, xbmc_video68 and xbmc_video75, I think the current version I am using connects to the xbmc_video68 database. Do I need to do something with the databases prior to the upgradeHuh

Also the 13.2 version you are using is the standard release or the nightly buildsHuh

Many thanks
Normally you don't need to do anything special before upgrading, but be sure to check out the upgrading page in the MySQL (wiki) wiki section. XBMC will use whatever database it needs for that specific version of XBMC. v13.x should use 78, v12.x uses 75, and so on. If different boxes are on different versions then they won't be using the same database (thus no "sync"), but they'll still work, so you could try it on one box as a test. XBMC will make new database versions as needed.

I use standard releases from http://xbmc.org/download/
Many thanks, for example I just tried updating my main machine (Windows) to 13.2, when I start XBMC all I can see on the menu now is VIDEOS and SYSTEM, the rest of the options have disappeared, how to I get those options backHuh

When I go to VIDEOS then Files, I can see see the content there.

Thanks
Can you post a debug log (wiki) from that machine? A guess would be that XBMC doesn't have permissions on the MySQL server to create new databases.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MyS...he_library
Right got a lot further this time, I had a look at the log file and noticed that there was an issue with the client connecting to the database, could not figure out the issue so created a new user with the right privileges and it worked.

So now running on the new 13.2 version on the machine with all my content still there Smile

Many thanks for the tips and point me in the right direction Smile now to update the other boxes and see how that goes.

Many thanks once again Ned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Central MySQL database0