Skin with decent views for Music (File Mode)
Hi,

i tend to organize my music quite good in different folders and so i usually don`t use the database mode for music. My problem ist that there seems to be a lack of skins supporting various views for music in file mode. Changing to database mode you always get tons of view types but in file mode there is usually only one view available. Why can`t all the views be available in database and file mode? Any recommendations regarding a nice skin which has a good variety of views for file mode? At the moment i kinda stick with confluence, which is a nice skin, but for movies and tv series, where i actually use the database mode, there are way better skins.

Greetings from Germany

Stefan
It is a problem and a huge oversight.
Aeon Nox is the best for this.
The others rely on the useless database system but Nox has the most amount of views
(2020-04-18, 20:52)2nzy2 Wrote: It is a problem and a huge oversight.
The others rely on the useless database system but Nox has the most amount of views

I would disagree that the database is useless  --it's a great way too quickly search for content without scrolling for days..
but I agree it is quite a sinking feeling when you find a really great skin, but has a really limited view for music.  --music is probably my biggest usage in kodi, always has been.
(2020-04-27, 10:51)PantsOnFire Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 20:52)2nzy2 Wrote: It is a problem and a huge oversight.

I would disagree that the database is useless  --it's a great way too quickly search for content without scrolling for days..
but I agree it is quite a sinking feeling when you find a really great skin, but has a really limited view for music.  --music is probably my biggest usage in kodi, always has been. 

File view work but it is basic,Nox is best as it uses coverflow
using the database/library way just cripples your collection
2nzy2 Wrote: using the database/library way just cripples your collection
You keep saying this but I've never heard anyone else have these issues with the Library, I use it every day and it works perfectly. Maybe you are doing something wrong.
(2020-04-27, 18:45)2nzy2 Wrote: File view work but it is basic,Nox is best as it uses coverflow
using the database/library way just cripples your collection.

I know the feeling. I have been doing the same things for years. However, I would recommend that you give the music library a shot. The addition of the Sources node allows you to recreate the exact structure that you have develop using the file system. Add each of your subsection (subfolder) of files as a different source and go to the sources node and you will see the same structure. In addition, the nightlies contain a boxset feature that I have found quite useful in organising multi part albums and actual boxsets.

As I said previously, I shared your sentiments for more than a decade. However, with the recent changes to the music section, I would say those sentiment are not true of Kodi's music library anymore. Make a portable install a give it a spin.

Cheers,
LongMan
Best to Control/ play via FireStick; Audio books, learning courses, talks, on SMB Share?

Best Player to control & play Audio from NAS/ HDD/ Shared Folder via Android TV/ Fire TV Stick?

Audio language learning courses, talks, audio books, music? Used Kodi, but hoping there's better?

Used Kodi, VLC - Great for playing movies, TV series, general video files. 

Anything better or more apt? Or some tweaks, skins, features, add-ons  for the LEARNING LISTENING audio content?

-------------------

Also looking for a LIGHT / Minimalist SKIN (I use Music Bee or Foobar on Windows) that works & LEVERAGES High Res Screen - 1080p and/ or 4K to SHOW more Data i.e. Smaller Font/ Text and more Items in the List at any given time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin with decent views for Music (File Mode)0