Bug No 7.1 via HDMI since Gotham
Hello,

i'm using XBMC now for years and i was deeply impressed of the "easy use" of this thing.
Have had some troubles in the past with audio output - but i was always able to solve it - until now.
Setup is the following:
Shuttle XPC SP35P2 -> http://www.shuttle.eu/de/produkte/discon...p35p2-pro/
OS: Win8.1 x64 pro with MediaCenter patches are all up2date
Nvidia GTX 750 -> Latest released Nvidia driver
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2020 connected via HDMI

I was wondering now for a while that every single movie i played was in DD 5.1 - so i went curious and try a demo disc. called "THX DEMO DISC"
I tested with Maverick 12.3 and everthing was fine - the receiver switches fine between 2.1, 5.1 and 7.1
With the same disc and Gotham 13.x (incl. 13.0 and 13.2) the titles with 7.1 only plays at 5.1 - Yes i have crosschecked that the audio settings are via HDMI and 7.1.
This is also valid for other discs which are in 7.1
I just made a small crosscheck with Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre and yes - the same disc plays fine as it should incl. 7.1 sound.

Now since it is pinned down to XBMC Gotham - are there any ideas, suggestions how to solve this problem - without get stuck with an old XBMC Version?

Best regards
sonypsx
Did you enable advanced settings level in Gotham and set audio up correctly? I have no issues playing 7.1 with it and haven't heard people about it either, but I have seen quite a few people unable to grasp the new audio settings.

Debug logs of both tests are more than welcome.
Yes a debug log_file (wiki) id needed and also a screenshot showing your audio settings.
Angel

Ok ... as Kib already pointed out - i missed the "advanced settings" since Gotham completely! I even didn't realize that "standard/advanced" thing Blush

Issue solved - everything went fine and 7.1 Audio is on again when it is needed.

Keep up the good work in Kodi Wink

Best regards
sonypsx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No 7.1 via HDMI since Gotham0