v14 ... what are the goals? Nothing seems posted?
Roadmap page has nothing marked as targeted for v14?

http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

Wold be nice to know what major features & new functionality is slated for v14.

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Read xbmc.org
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
cool... hoping the UPnP Library improvements include library sharing between XBMC (Kodi) instances

... I still cannot gets used to 'Kodi' ... its a name my child would name his stuffed animal.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Yeah and I get pretty sick and tired of hearing such remarks about Kodi
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I had a cat named DivX once... So... Just sayin'. Tongue
The main goal is to get a renamed version of the software released. The agreements related to our rename have a hard deadline (before the end of the year), so whatever is reasonably stable and working that can be included by that deadline will be v14. I'm unclear on when the "hard" feature freeze happens, but sometime soon if not already.

The trac roadmap link only shows bug reports that have been labeled with a release goal. A better picture would be looking at github: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/milestones (look, don't touch ;) )

That still won't be an exact "roadmap", but it will give you a general idea of what major code projects/features have already gone in and what are currently being discussed.

There's also "monthly snapshot" blog posts (due to the name change we've only done one of those so far) so keep an eye out for those as they will also summarize new major/neat features.

v15 and up will then be more feature-based releases, since we won't have this external deadline issue to deal with. Future/feature planning is also something the team is working on better organizing for various reasons, and that might also help those who want to know what's on the cutting edge (or at least planned to be).
The upcoming developer conference in October will also bring more structure and clarity to the roadmap for next year.

This is what happened last year, an effect that I believe was very visible in the improved stability in the version 13 alpha and beta releases

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v14 ... what are the goals? Nothing seems posted?0