Which PVR
Hi

I'm new to xbmc and have recently purchased a MX Set top box which has been rooted, I want to use a PVR and couldn't work out how to use the pre installed ones as once I enabled them they still didn't work.

I looked into Dixie 2.0 which I like the look of, I found a guide on installing it which looked simple but the required files are not there in file manager under m**h up addon.

Why is the pvr/epg so difficult to setup?

Does anyone have any guides or can offer any assistance in installing Dixie 2.0 or something similar?

Thanks in advance
PVR in XBMC is using a tuner and getting an actual signal from somewhere. It's not getting free TV shows and movies in an EPG. Per our forum rules (wiki), you need to go elsewhere for most of those.
(2014-08-25, 04:40)Ned Scott Wrote: PVR in XBMC is using a tuner and getting an actual signal from somewhere. It's not getting free TV shows and movies in an EPG. Per our forum rules (wiki), you need to go elsewhere for most of those.

Ok so I need to get a tv tuner for freeview into the box? What's the best way to do this?

Thanks
Android doesn't have any backends (I assume that's what an MX box runs).

So you really need an x86 PC and run something like mythtv or tvheadend, and a DVB-T2 tuner.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There is a port of TVHeadend to android. I wouldn't fancy it myself, but the thread is here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2171412
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yeah I should have mentioned that. Last time I heard it wasn't too well regarded.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which PVR0