Linux Install Issues with XBMCbuntu
First of all, let me start by stating I am no computer genius by any stretch of the imagination.

I've got XBMC installed on my windows laptop and it works fine, but I want to use an old PC tower as a media centre. I've been having a few problems installing XBMCbuntu on my tower. I first created a live CD (and have also tried with a live USB drive) and got to the installer menu but when I choose to install it there are a few things that do not seem to match the various installs I've seen online. Firstly when choosing the language (first window in install process) there is no option to "try ubuntu" or "Install ubuntu". Just a scroll section with the languages in it, and the install, quit buttons etc. On the next page it says there are no OS's installed and I choose to erase drive and install Ubuntu. It gets the the time zone selection page and I get a pop up where both the heading and the text in the box reads "Huh Huh". I can only choose OK and this returns me to the previous screen.

I did manage to get it to the installing process once by removing "quiet" in the original menu code for installing Ubuntu. However it got to about 98% installed and I was warned of a fatal error, and told it hadn't been installed.

Also, the "workarounds" suggested on the wiki that involve using the trial of XBMCbuntu and exiting, and signing back in, but there is no dropdown box below the username to choose XBMCbuntu. Only the other, username and password box. And once i'm back in, there is no button to install Ubuntu.

It's more than likely I'm doing something stupid but please bear with someone who has incredibly little coding knowledge. Explain it like you would to your mum.

Thanks in advance.
Ended up just installing OpenELEC as it catered for my needs. Although i'm sure other people are having a similar problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install Issues with XBMCbuntu0