• 1(current)
Xbox One controller Support
I wanna know you guys will put Xbox One controller support, and have how open adv launcher config with X button!

thanks!
Doesn't the Xbox One controller on PC have compatibility with all games that supported the Xbox 360/Xinput controllers? I'd have assumed that the Xbox One controller would for Kodi so long as it supported Xinput.
(2014-08-25, 03:51)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Doesn't the Xbox One controller on PC have compatibility with all games that supported the Xbox 360/Xinput controllers? I'd have assumed that the Xbox One controller would for Kodi so long as it supported Xinput.

Xbox one controller work with all xbox 360 controller games... and works better in another old games too! only xbox Logo button doesn't work at the moment!
It's Working now!!!!

only save this patebin on a notepad and save it with xml extension: http://pastebin.com/a2M7iA5S
Ex: keymap_Controller (XBOX One For Windows).xml

open XML (recommended Notepad ++) and go to the line 80 and change

Code:
<joystick name="Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)">

to

Code:
<joystick name="Controller (XBOX One For Windows)">

I don't know if necessary, but I change too:

Code:
<altname>Afterglow Gamepad for Xbox 360 (Controller)</altname>

to

Code:
<altname>Afterglow Gamepad for Xbox One (Controller)</altname>

save XML changes and put in this directory:

C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps
Ex:C:\Users\sagaopc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keymap_Controller (XBOX One For Windows).xml

Ps: Appdata is a hide folder

restart XBMC

Ps2: In Xbox One controller, X button now open context menu in Adv Launcher properly
Broken Xbox One controller Support on Windows 10 + Kodi

It's going crazy! going to left automatically and freezing navigation depending skin. Xbox 360 working Well! Windows 8.1 + Kodi Isengard and Helix Working well too
(2015-07-30, 16:17)sagaopc Wrote: Broken Xbox One controller Support on Windows 10 + Kodi

It's going crazy! going to left automatically and freezing navigation depending skin. Xbox 360 working Well! Windows 8.1 + Kodi Isengard and Helix Working well too

Found this thread while experiencing very similar issues myself, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2097815

Might save people some heartache if this is posted as a known issue.
Anyone interested in baking the fix into the latest nightly?
Big Grin For wireless controller, use this <joystickFamily name="(Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows)">
How do I get the Xbox One controller to work with Kodi wirelessly?
Just got the Xbox one controller adapter for windows so I'd like to completely replace the 360 pad.
It responds a bit in Kodi, but only a few buttons work and they do not trigger the correct action.
Tried the fix higher up in the thread, but it didn't work.
Until a fix for this surfaces, hopefully the following will help some of you out.

If you navigate to the folder you installed Kodi in and then go to system > keymaps you'll find an xml file called 'joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller'. Open this in notepad or any other editor of your choosing (make sure you open the program as administrator or you won't be able to save the changes you're about to make) and then find the snippet below in the file:

<axis id="3" trigger="true" limit="+1">ScrollUp</axis>
<axis id="3" trigger="true" limit="-1">ScrollDown</axis>

Once found change the above to this:

<axis id="3" trigger="true" limit="0">ScrollUp</axis>
<axis id="6" trigger="true" limit="0">ScrollDown</axis>

Save and exit. Kodi should now stop going crazy when you try to use the One controller with it. The left and right triggers will scroll the menus.

Not a perfect fix but it should be enough to hold back the stress!
Thank you!!
Thanks.

But the D-pad is still not working, If a similar keymap adjustment can fix it, then we would be all good.
But until then, it is hard to abandon the X360 controller that is working perfectly.
There is no way to access to submenus or anything that need up and down like a any list in kodi but thanks anyway for the tips.
I just bought a xbox one wireless controller and this problem just make all my setup unusable.
My pc based on kodi to watch videos and play games so I could disable the controler suport and use joy2key, but It will be a mess when I'll try to play games.
I'll plug a wireless keyboard and pray for a fix but if it hasn't be fixed since 3 month...
There is probably more to it than just a keymap change for the hat/directional pad to work with win 10 and the Xbox one wireless pad
What is strange is that the kodi log is correctly showing the input of the hat (same recordings as with the X360 wireless pad) but no action is triggered

It is not 3 months old, the wireless controller is actually brand new, and users controlling Kodi only with a gamepad are not the majority.
So let's be patient. Maybe it will be included with Jarvis final.
After some ressearch, It appears that Microsoft added an axis to the dpad, that's the problem. The problem is with the wired xbox controller too that came few month ago. But yes, all we need to do is be patient but it's really annoying to have a full kodi setup that can't be used anymore until, maybe, few weeks/month
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One controller Support1