New user- Subtitles without a keyboard
Hi all,

First off, my thanks to those of the XBMC community for helping me get this awesome app configured and mostly-running. The last big hurdle for the moment is subtitles. I'm using Gotham under Win7/64 and my preferred skin is Back Row, but for now I'll use Confluence just to get everything up and running.

I have a few questions about subtitles. I generally don't need or want them, but there are three big exceptions where I need to be able to easily and quickly access subs: 1) When watching a foreign language film (in the native language), I want to automatically playback English subs. 2) Forced subtitles for when the action on the screen is in a foreign (or fictitious) language, and 3) When I'm having difficulty understanding heavily-accented English (Angel's Share is a prime example -- although I have Scots blood, I don't think I'll ever be able to decipher Glaswiegien Wink)

The big part here is that I must be able to accomplish this using only my remote. Once this system is configured the way I want, the keyboard and mouse will be locked away to prevent young eyes from playing where they oughtn't. I'm using an ORtek VRC-1100 Media Center remote that is otherwise working nicely.

I have seen a few tutorials on subs, but they're very difficult to follow along without having a thorough knowledge of the software. I have downloaded an add-on called Subscene.com but I have no idea what to do with it, if it's a good one or anything beyond the fact it was a name on a list that featured English subs. Any help to get this working under Gotham greatly appreciated. Please and Thanks.
I'm sure there's an easier way, but I use a Flirc and mapped one of my remote buttons to toggle subtitles on and off.

If you don't need instant one button access, you can always turn subtitles on while the movie is playing thru the on screen menus.
(2014-08-25, 09:00)Ic3y Wrote: I'm sure there's an easier way, but I use a Flirc and mapped one of my remote buttons to toggle subtitles on and off.

If you don't need instant one button access, you can always turn subtitles on while the movie is playing thru the on screen menus.

Could you elaborate on what Flirc is and how to map? Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user- Subtitles without a keyboard0