Android remote won't connect
Hi there,

I can't connect an Android remote (Yatse or XBMC Remote) to a new XBMC installation. My setup is Xbian 1.0 RC2 running on a Raspberry Pi that's connected to my LAN via wi-fi (Tenda W522U directly to the Pi's USB port, no powered hub) and accessing a shared MySQL library.

I can connect via a web browser (although it's a bit slow and I get frequent 'Connection to server lost' messages), and I've tried changing the XBMC web server port. Neither remote app will connect, although Yatse correctly auto-detects XBMC.

In the xbmc log I see a couple of possibly related errors

Code:
ERROR: Remote Translator: Can't find button mypvr  
ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Failed to connect to sdpd

Anyone got any tips for figuring out what's going wrong?

Thanks,

Toby
Do you have all the right options turned on in XBMC's settings? There is a Yatse help page that goes through it step by step.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry, I so should have mentioned that - I believe it's all setup correctly, web server enabled, remote control enabled, zero conf etc. It is accessible via the web interface, not sure how significant that is though.
Not sure what the problem was, ditched wi-fi and went wired and it now seems to be working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android remote won't connect0