XBMC playback of MPEG4-ASP at 1280x720
Thumbs Up 
i have a tech demo of hd mpeg4-asp decoding for the xbmc at this location:

http://www.mytempdir.com/710801

it is a 35meg file.

it contains short footage in 720p hd resolution.

tslayer pointed out to me a higher than normal level of early and late frames within the decoding, but xbmc is able to render these without dropping frames.

the encode uses multiple adapative bi directionally predicted frames, but does not use global motion compensation or quarter pixel or packed bitstream. the early bitrates i used under the h.263 quantizer matrix were too high and i dropped it down to 2000 for this demo, but the frame drop threshold maybe higher than this value.
i'm downloading this now. later i'll report on how it plays on my box.

thanks. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
caldor, i think that an anime is not the best test to check the playability at a given compression rate. anime are far from real 24fps. they're easier to compress at a lower bitrate.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
it was the source i was working on at the time. using my settings users are able to do their own encodes for other footage.

the footage is pal, 25fps are in fact decoded during playback.

the bitrate used in the encode is certainly higher than what is commonly used for mpeg4-asp backups.
ok... then... would you be so kind as to share your settings? i think i have all the programs necessary to try on other sources and report back. Smile
Quote:the encode uses multiple adapative bi directionally predicted frames, but does not use global motion compensation or quarter pixel or packed bitstream. the early bitrates i used under the h.263 quantizer matrix were too high and i dropped it down to 2000 for this demo, but the frame drop threshold maybe higher than this value.

looking at the sample it will show in the fourcc that i am using the divx codec, and in the metadata of the video stream header in the sample it will show i'm using the latest version available.

dgmpegdec, avisynth, divx, virtualdub, mkvtoolnix - all the latest versions available including the new avisynth alpha release.
i was hoping for some sort of configuration file pre-made for the compression settings. nandub allows for it, virtualdub does as well, under save process settings.
hi caldor... do you think it will be possible to have the processing settings file or is there some reason for you not wanting to share it (there might well be, i'm not being a smartass Smile).
any chance of getting an answer? even "stop bugging me" would be accepted. Smile
(caldor @ june 14 2006,19:17 Wrote:
Quote:the encode uses multiple adapative bi directionally predicted frames, but does not use global motion compensation or quarter pixel or packed bitstream. the early bitrates i used under the h.263 quantizer matrix were too high and i dropped it down to 2000 for this demo, but the frame drop threshold maybe higher than this value.

looking at the sample it will show in the fourcc that i am using the divx codec, and in the metadata of the video stream header in the sample it will show i'm using the latest version available.

dgmpegdec, avisynth, divx, virtualdub, mkvtoolnix - all the latest versions available including the new avisynth alpha release.
mate all of the encode settings are described in the qoute. i'm no longer using vfw and virtualdub as i've moved onto avc encoding. give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC playback of MPEG4-ASP at 1280x7200