Home Screen Video Now Playing View
Hi !

How can I disable the video osd that appears when the system is idle for more than a few second while on the home screen?

I'd much prefer to see my background image and menu structure while a video is playing if possible.

Many thanks!
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
I'm not sure what you mean.

Could you post a screen shot?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Sorry for the delayed reply Samu-rai.

I couldn't take a screenshot--pressing any key (e.g., to take a screenshot) returns the screen to normal.

Here is a better description:

On the home screens (TV, Movies, Music, Addons, Settings, Shutdown, etc) if a video or music is playing, you get to see a small screen in the upper left side of the window. That's good!

BUT after a few seconds, my lovely Home Screen background is covered by Fan Art -- so now, the regular home screen has the video/now-playing panel in the upper left (still good!) a large progress bar in the lower half of the screen (good also), but my background (e.g., my theme backgrounds like Red, Future, etc) gets covered with Fan Art/Artist Pics/Movie Poster, etc.....

I would like to have the now playing panel (the video screen in the upper left), but I don't want anything to cover up my normal background images.

In a nutshell: How can I set the home screen background images from being replaced by anything else other than the images that are defined for that specific home screen?

Does this make any sense?

Thank you for helping.
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
I tried editing some of the files, and made a dog's dinner out of my skin. I had to reinstall from scratch Tongue Does anyone have any ideas on how I can remove whatever code is calling art to be displayed over the backgrounds I've selected for the various home screens? I like my background images, and it's nice to see them while letting my system idle to music on the home screen. :/

Thanks in advance
I'll have to check, but I'm sure there is an option to turn that off.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thank you Samu-rai

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Screen Video Now Playing View0