• 15(current)
Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience?
(2014-09-23, 08:17)Willem55 Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 07:55)Skank Wrote: I just read about these boxes...
Checked in a hurry all pages here.

So i can conclude (is this true?)

No audio passthrough (so no dts-hd?)

A question about 3d

Xbmc doesnt do full 3d bluray (not able to play 3d mvc).
So i can conclude these boxes also dont do 3d mvc right?

As I understand it Android was designed for tablets and mobiles so it will take the multi channel HD Audio and downmix to Stereo as that is the only supported option on those devices.
Android 5 currently in Beta release is supposed to cover this including framerate sync for various types of display refresh rates.

On Linux it's a different ball game but success there depends on the quality of the Rockchip SDK and patched to be developed to unlock the chips AV capabilities.

Or a mediaplayer application like xmbc/Kodi that knows how to unlock the chips AV capabilities independent of the Operating System.... You might have read some post on that hereBlush

Mmm so with android 5 we might get dts-hd? cool!
And what about 3d MVC?
3D MVC? I don't have a clue if there are players that are able to play that.... read some claim it was working in a Linux xbmc setup..
Maybe the experts can shine a light here..
(2014-09-23, 19:29)Willem55 Wrote: 3D MVC? I don't have a clue if there are players that are able to play that.... read some claim it was working in a Linux xbmc setup..
Maybe the experts can shine a light here..

There is no open source MVC decoding implementation.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Only thing I know of that can play MVC MKV are Mede8er's X3D series media players. I have 2 600X3D for just this as all my 3D Blu-rays are MVC MKVs so I don't have to deal with hiccups in playback of ISO's with seamless branching and forced subs not being supported.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
yes and that's on a RTD1186 and Linux but not xbmc..
Is this a case of it can be done but nobody else bothers...?
There is no open source implementation of MVC decoding. Kodi/xbmc is an open source project.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There is interest in trying to change this Wink
Do you mean change the lack of OS MVC or the OS nature of XBMC/Kodi?
MVC
anyone tried linux+xbmc ?
(2014-09-23, 03:16)APBox Wrote: First RK3288 stick is coming.

XBMC pre-installed

...the 'first' RK3288 tv stick is already out. The MK903V, which has already received a stock firmware update.

Are you Javi from freaktab? Or just another rep from asiapads making inaccurate claims? You've hit just about every single tech related forum with this exact same post in the last three days.

(2014-09-23, 08:02)Willem55 Wrote: @4:18 it shows various screen resolutions and refresh/fps rates including auto.... does that mean it will framerate sync to any of the selected resolutions or that you select just one for UI output.

All the RK3288 show the same readback from HDMI sink; it simply shows available resolutions according to the TV HDMI capability. The 'auto' setting is for resolution, not framerate sync.

This was implemented as previous tv stick/box iterations had the dubious distinction of jumbling the HDMI interface. Before, if you set the output to 1080p on a compatible set, and then connected the stick/box to a set that only does 720p at HDMI, you'd get no picture.

This auto setting fixes that.

[edit: Don't expect the poster (seller) to respond to your question. Too busy spamming every other board with the same advertisement. I've seen it the exact same post in five forums already]
(2014-09-24, 00:49)Roby77 Wrote: anyone tried linux+xbmc ?
Rockchip have already said that they currently have no plans to support hardware video decode under Linux on RK3288.

Regardless, please respect that this thread is about XBMC / Kodi for Android on RK3288, not about Linux.

I started this thread to discuss what is possible on Android today, not what might be possible on Linux in the future.

Please start a new thread for any questions about Linux, and same goes for talk about products with other chipsets.
(2014-09-23, 21:19)jjd-uk Wrote: There is interest in trying to change this Wink
Do you have some updated news about H.264 Multiview Video Coding support in Libav, FFmpeg, or other open source decoder? Please do share! Big Grin

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringP...oCodingMVC
https://wiki.videolan.org/Bounties/#MVC

As seen above, both the FFmpeg and VideoLAN projects are now offering bounties, sponsoring, and mentoring for someone to code it, but no bites yet as far as I can tell? Last I read was that Libav devs was working on a complete re-factoring of their H.264 decoder as a prerequisite before work on MVC could even start. And as seen below you can see that was back in April and no updates since on their blog or in the Libav/ffmpeg-devel mailing-lists

http://blogs.gentoo.org/lu_zero/2014/04/...ad-to-mvc/
Lets just say one of the box vendors is keen for it to happen, whether it's even feasible is not known yet.
(2014-09-24, 13:48)Hedda Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 00:49)Roby77 Wrote: anyone tried linux+xbmc ?
Rockchip have already said that they currently have no plans to support hardware video decode under Linux on RK3288.

Regardless, please respect that this thread is about XBMC / Kodi for Android on RK3288, not about Linux.

I started this thread to discuss what is possible on Android today, not what might be possible on Linux in the future.

Please start a new thread for any questions about Linux, and same goes for talk about products with other chipsets.

sorry my fail i didn't read from mobile the title
and i'm little disappointed about the vendor that claims open to linux

stop ot
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience?4