• 31(current)
Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience?
(2014-11-15, 08:24)AmigaWolf Wrote: No Android Lollipop is NOT required for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, because the VidOn AV200 and MeLE M9/A1000G has DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD many mounts now with XBMC and Android 4.2.2.
Neither box is RK3288 based though, so not really relevant for this thread.
But I'll be happy to hear about any RK3288 based box with functional DTS-HD/TrueHD support, seeing as the basic AC3/DTS functionality still elude most models.
The point is that the problem is not caused by android but from rk3288 that sell a beta product

So this is relevant for this 3ad
New SPMC v13.3.4 beta 1 was released on freaktab forum that use RKStagefright and direct framebuffer, much better than Mediacodec.
Perfect video playback and no crashes. But based on Gotham until final Kodi Helix is released.
Go check it out.
(2014-11-15, 13:03)Skank Wrote: That mele looks nice
Does it do full 3d iso?

and hd audio?

Anyone?
(2014-11-18, 12:56)Skank Wrote:
(2014-11-15, 13:03)Skank Wrote: That mele looks nice
Does it do full 3d iso?

and hd audio?

Anyone?

It's too old and overpriced.

The RK3288 TV Boxes do 3D ISO
Mo123 - Are you sure about the RK3288 boxes doing 3D ISO? can you provide some examples of the boxes you mean? And can they do it launching from XBMC, or only in a native media player app?
Quote:The RK3288 TV Boxes do 3D ISO
News to me, unless you mean it's played back in 2D mode, which many boxes can do.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Please provide a small 3D file so I can test it.
The RK3288 certainly does have the ability to to do MVC which is what 3D blu-rays use, but not sure if any of the players utilise this ability.
(2014-11-18, 16:40)jjd-uk Wrote: The RK3288 certainly does have the ability to to do MVC which is what 3D blu-rays use, but not sure if any of the players utilize this ability.

Ability to do MVC is not saying much if they are not doing it from the start.

These Manufactures are one and done,they keep releasing new product almost every month and they don't focus on their old product,so if the product is not doing those functionality from the start you can forget about.

Just my 2 cents.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
The tools to implement MVC is apparently in the SDK for developers to use, what's unknown is the quality of the SDK and whether any software takes advantage of it's MVC abilities yet.
If you look half way down this page

http://www.measy.com.cn/product/showproduct93_en.htm

You can clearly see support for 3D blu-Ray iso being advertised (although not necessarily from within XBMC). But I have yet to come across anyone saying 3D iso playback from am 3288 based box is actually working, much less than that it is working from within XBMC.
This is unintentionally hilarious...

Having what sounds like a native English speaker perform the narration using Chinglish is just bizarre, or maybe it's just very good text-to-speech?

The "algorithm for deep learning" using "big data" to create a "powerful pop-star searching entertainment engine" just confirms my theory that humanity is doomed.

And I bet Rockchip has shown Robert Miles and his copyright the same level of respect they've shown the GPL...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The whole thing sounds computer generated. Particularly the inflexion when it says "RK3288" - it's like a better Stephen Hawking!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I bought a tronsmart R28-pro.
And I'm sorry to have to say that this box within a firmware 110k4 is a terribly and useless box!!!

I can only hope it will by better with the next version.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience?4