Req Better uPnp Server/Client
My Changeset Framework just eats a list of tables where we want changesets, and will do the rest from there. That part doesn't care about the logical db schema. If we drop that and just use lastUpdated timestamps or whatever, those would be easy enough to add to any db layout (and could be automated the same way as my current framework). So I don't think that I have any constraints or wishes for that new layout.

The part that is probably DB layout dependant is, when I serialize the changesets into the xml UPnP format. But I have to redo that with a new db layout anyway and I can't thinkof anything that would make my work impossible
Fice,
is correct, the new DB structure will simplify the data and make much more efficient the extraction of info from the DB. There will be a set of Views to extract data from tables so that code can be simplified (if the view is wrote correctly a Select * from view1 will return the field in the same order on every DB) and also will lead to an easier XML serialization.
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
@Fice: It's been a while but I finally had some time to work on my media import stuff again (after I made a presentation at DevCon and we discussed it further) and I've rewritten the tasks to be more flexible. The main change is that determining the differences between previously imported items and newly imported items is determined in an extra (optional) task. After that a changeset is passed to the synchronisation task which then simply performs the necessary database actions based on the changeset state (added, changed, removed) of every item.

That should make it easier for your approach to be integrated into my media import framework.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
If only this sync thing can be opened to JSON RPC Smile

Being able to know only diff state from an old sync or to know the last change of watched status for example for a movie to know the last one that win Smile
Any progress?
Dependent on a new DB Structure as I understand? Follow:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200911
(2014-11-23, 00:27)Montellese Wrote: @Fice: It's been a while but I finally had some time to work on my media import stuff again (after I made a presentation at DevCon and we discussed it further) and I've rewritten the tasks to be more flexible. The main change is that determining the differences between previously imported items and newly imported items is determined in an extra (optional) task. After that a changeset is passed to the synchronisation task which then simply performs the necessary database actions based on the changeset state (added, changed, removed) of every item.

That should make it easier for your approach to be integrated into my media import framework.

Any code to look at? I started working in a API extension to allow plugins manage their own content in the database, but only because looking at the current scanner code was scary.
(2015-05-11, 12:57)redviolet Wrote: Any code to look at? I started working in a API extension to allow plugins manage their own content in the database, but only because looking at the current scanner code was scary.

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794 for more details and a link to my github branch.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi Guys, I am happy to see this is still actively being worked on!
Has any progress been made to move towards a full client/server setup with Kodi uPnP where the uPnP Library gets put into the movies/tvshows section (like local media does)?
I look forward to your response.
thanks

Jason Pichie
Try the binaries in the above post. Still not headless server but the client can import and library from another kodi client and future any upnp source
@jpichie follow the link above your post for a test build and see it in action.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better uPnp Server/Client0