I've saved my TV show files according to the following structure (example):

TV_SHOW_NAME
Season 1
01 first_episode
02 second_episode
Season 2
01 first_episode
02 second_episode

Unfortunately TMM doesn't parse this correctly and throws everything into season -1 and episode -1. It's sad because these are the file names you end up with when you export TV shows from iTunes converted with iFlicks (using no special naming rules). I'm guessing more people might have this problem and since it's such an easy and neat naming convention I think it would be great if the scanner could pick it up directly. Just a thought...
Right click and choose edit on the episodes that show up that way. Towards the bottom left of the edit window is a search for episode button, click it and choose the episode that you want. According to other posts, there is a new version coming out hopefully in the next few days, it may work better for you then. I know that would be a pain the ass for EVERY episode.
(2014-08-26, 02:07)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Right click and choose edit on the episodes that show up that way. Towards the bottom left of the edit window is a search for episode button, click it and choose the episode that you want. According to other posts, there is a new version coming out hopefully in the next few days, it may work better for you then. I know that would be a pain the ass for EVERY episode.

Thanks Fail$tyle420. Yep, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the new version as well. We just need a little bit more intelligence in the episode scanner and it will handle cases like this beautifully!
You are right, this really simple structure is not parsed. (but not even in Kodi Wink)
We already handle ALL the weird variants (except split episodes) according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...hows#Files

Problem here is that it is too simple and might lead to much false positives.
But we might tweak that again for 2.6(.1)

Stay tuned Smile

Edit:
When editing the TvShow (not season, not episode) you'll get a nice extra tab with a complete season/episode table - easy for bulk-editing Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
unfortunate, i didn't get it into 2.6.1
Very busy week :/

But for the next version it should be even better ^^
Stay tuned Cool
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
No problem. It's on the "nice to have" list.. :-)

BTW, thanx for some great software!
I posted here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2663346

But it looks like this thread on the same topic has more recent activity.

Since it doesn't sound like this functionality will be in TMM anytime soon; does anyone have any suggestions on handling this?
Hello EarthBoundX5

Can you be clearer please. You stated " does anyone have any suggestions on handling this? " but what are you referring to?

This is a three year old thread, so it is not really recent activity
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Real easy TV show structure isn't scanned properly0