HDMI Handshake Issues
My problems don't pertain to XBMC/Kodi per se, but I thought I'd post this here and try and get some feedback.

I'm a college student and have a very limited budget. That being said, I recently purchased a manufacturer refurbed AVR-X1000 and upon plugging it in experienced my TV flashing between being on and being on standby (on for a few seconds, standby for a few seconds, repeat). The whole setup consists of the AVR, an Xbox 360, a Westinghouse sk-32h240s hd-lcd (yes I know they're crappy, Christmas present from the folks a few years back), and an HTPC. The HTPC has an ATI 5850 video card. If I turn the HTPC or the Xbox on first, the HDMI pass-through will turn the tv on. Then I can turn the receiver on and everything works as it should. If I turn the receiver on first, it will turn the TV on. Then if I turn the HTPC or the Xbox on, the screen will perform the above-mentioned flashing (audio/video to no audio/no video, repeat). All of my HDMI cables are high-speed. At one point, I guess they had a firmware update for the TV that supposedly resolved a lot of the HDMI handshake issues, but unfortunately enough time seems to have passed that I can't seem to locate any firmware updates for it. Also, from what I've gathered a lot of people that tried to upgrade the firmware on this TV wound up bricking it. The firmware on the AVR is up to date. Everything seems to work fine if I just connect the Xbox 360 or HTPC directly to the TV, giving me the impression that the problem has something to do with the communication between the AVR and the TV. Also, when the flashing does occur it can be fixed by turning the tv off and then back on again. I realize that this sounds like I already have the solution to my problem, but I'd rather not have to have anyone worry about what order they turn things on affecting functionality. Does anyone have any possible solutions? Would something like this help to fix this issue? If so, where in the chain would I put it? From my understanding, the HDMI detective typically fixes HDMI handshake problems caused by the HTPC/AVR interface, not from the AVR/TV interface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Handshake Issues0