Installing broadcom hd card on atv1
Once again i apologise for my stupidity and lack of knowledge in regards to this area but i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have currently gotham 13.1 running on an old ATV1 but i've just purchased the broadcom hd card and have searched the net on installing it. I've found quite a few vids etc that show how to do that but i was wondering whether i have to do anything else like update xvmc or program it to run the card? If so do i have to make another usb and reboot the atv1 with new data? Could you be kind to my ignorance and teach me how to do this? Thanks in advance!!
All you have to do is physically put the card in. If you're running Crystalbuntu or OpenELEC then you already have the proper drivers installed and it should automatically use the BCHD when it can.
Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. Well I'll give it a go and see how I go!! While I have you here though, if I wanted to upgrade to 13.2 do I have to make a new USB stick and reboot whole system or is it possible to upgrade from the actual ATV? Thanks again.
Both OpenELEC and Crystalbuntu should have internal (possibly automatic?) update methods for 13.2. You don't need to redo the entire install, in any case.
Ok thanks for that. It mustn't be automatic though cos I had a message pop saying I needed to update but when I checked the version it was still running 13.1! Maybe I need to reinstall it from the xbmc hub section where the tools are? Thanks again for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing broadcom hd card on atv10