13.2 Stops responding to input in Ubuntu 14.04
Hi Guys,
I recently went from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to 14.04LTS and since have been issue of randomly losing control of XBMC. It usually happens after resuming from suspended mode or after switching from full screen to windowed mode while running Unity or GNOME Flashback (Metacity). This also happens randomly at any given time while sitting idle or playing a video but it's most common during those two events.

I can tell that the software hasn't crashed as any scrolling text and or video never stutters when I lose input control. The OS still responds as I've been able to access run level 1 via ctrl-alt-F1, and if it happens to stop responding during windowed mode, I can still control the OS and other apps normally.

I've read a few forum postings which mention a problem with SDL and loss of input control but I'm not sure I'm dealing with the same case.

Cheers,
Is this using a remote control ? If so, does your mouse/keyboard input still work ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yes, sounds like the SDL issue. You can test that theory by upgrading to a helix nightly, where this is fixed.
Input stops with both remote and keyboard.

Thanks for the recommendation wnsipex - Do you know if there's a repository/ppa I can add that will install this?
The XBMC Unstable ppa seams to have wrapped things up at v13.2 final.

*Edit - I just found the "XBMC Nightly Builds" PPA. I'll give it a go when I get home tonight. Thanks again!
this erratic behaviour still continues on my system.
OS is Xubuntu 14.04.1 Trusty. XBMC is 13.2 compiled Aug 17 2014, which is an official install, not a nightly build or something.
i lose keyboard response randomly.
it is only fixed in nightly builds as wsnipex said further up. it's a bug in SDL, helix drops SDL for input.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
13.2 Stops responding to input in Ubuntu 14.040