Win Create Personal XBMC .exe
I am attempting to create an executable version of XBMC on Windows 7 for the sake of having my own version of XBMC with all my settings, skins, etc. I know that I can simply copy/paste "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" contents over a fresh install of XBMC to accomplish the same thing, but that just isn't fun (and I want to have a file I can just give to my less tech savvy friends). I am attempting two ways of going about accomplishing this goal:

1. Edit the latest XBMC setup executable with a program like Resource Hacker. The problem here, is I'm not familiar with this program and don't really know how to use it properly or in the way I want (replacing the /Roaming/XBMC folder with my own).

2. Create an executable package containing both XBMC and a batch script to overwrite the "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" with my own pre-configured folder. The problem I'm running into here is I'm not sure how I would write the script to overwrite the contents of "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" with the pre-configured XBMC folder if I don't know what the original location of the pre-configured XBMC folder will be? Right now (as a test) I have a batch file with this:

xcopy /-y /E "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" "C:\Users\Username\Documents\New Location"
pause

The batch script works in this test setup, but now I want the destination to be "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" (no problem here, just change the destination) and the original directory to be... I don't know! If I package this all together into one installer (planning on using "iexpress" for this), what directory/location would the pre-configured XBMC folder be in?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm quite new to batch files and creating/editing executables. Also if you think I'm going about this in completely the wrong way, let me know.

Cheers,

thebro
Look here

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_Windows
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Looks promising. Problem is everything in that tutorial is entirely new to me. It's going to take a long time to get up to snuff to be able to use this method. Can anybody say if one of my original two approaches are way off, or is there hope there?
The path on the machine you are copying the files to will in all likelihood have a different path to media, negating the thumbnails and library. The IP and port will also be different, so it's only the local config and add-ons, perhaps a custom advanced user settings that would benefit. A differences file might accomplish what you want.

After a while you get good at Kodi installations, and using an extras folder for custom graphics etc.. Otherwise dig in, you'll be pulling one of these each new iteration.
You can use inno setup creator to easily make a custom copy of xbmc. Install inno setup creator and create a new script. Paste the code below and compile to get setup file.

Code:
; Script generated by the Inno Setup Script Wizard.
; SEE THE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS ON CREATING INNO SETUP SCRIPT FILES!

#define MyAppName "XBMC"
#define MyAppVersion "1.0"
#define MyAppExeName "XBMC.exe"

[Setup]
; NOTE: The value of AppId uniquely identifies this application.
; Do not use the same AppId value in installers for other applications.
; (To generate a new GUID, click Tools | Generate GUID inside the IDE.)
AppId={{B462B6E9-59E6-4898-AE0F-11C329271C19}
AppName={#MyAppName}
AppVersion={#MyAppVersion}
DefaultDirName={pf32}\XBMC
DefaultGroupName={#MyAppName}
OutputBaseFilename=MyXBMCSetup
OutputDir=.
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=yes

[Languages]
Name: "english"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Default.isl"

[Tasks]
Name: "desktopicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateDesktopIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags: unchecked

[Files]

Source: "C:\Program Files\XBMC\*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs
Source:  "C:\Users\baijuxavior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\*"; DestDir: {userappdata}\XBMC; Flags: ignoreversion  recursesubdirs

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\{#MyAppExeName}"
Name: "{commondesktop}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\{#MyAppExeName}"; Tasks: desktopicon

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\{#MyAppExeName}"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,{#StringChange(MyAppName, '&', '&&')}}"; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

Change the 'Source' locations under [Files] to match your xbmc installation and data folder. Make the setup file after installing a fresh copy of xbmc and making all your necessary modifications and customization.
Thank you so much baijuxavior! That worked perfectly and on the first try! That's a great little tool, I'll be playing around with it some more. Also, PatK, I'm experimenting with using media browser as a server to use as a backend for Kodi, so I'm not too worried about thumbnails and library, just the settings as you mentioned. Also, thanks for pointing me to the github option Wanilton, I'll be toying around with that for a while to come, but I think there will be a lot of benefits to learning git. For anyone looking to do the same thing, baijuxavior's method worked really well. Thanks again!
I would like to know how to save all my Xbmc addons and settings on a network so I can update whenever necessary,
as we all know Links change very often,

I have a few family members with xbmc and its annoying for me to psychically go and change and update. my family really and have no clue about this stuff

Please Help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create Personal XBMC .exe0