Req Watched status based on filename
Currently the watched status is based on the path+file of the media. My suggestion is to have the database separate the watched path into two parts, Watched Path, and Watched Filename. This way there can be a checkbox in the settings to allow you to use just the Filename or Path+Filename(what it is now).

My reasoning behind this is I have a LOT of media in a bunch of different locations. XBMC doesnt do well loading a directory with 400 directories. Some times this can take a minute just to navigate into this folder. My fix for this is I have a cronjob running finding "NEW" content and making a symlink in a folder. This works great. The files are sorted by Date, they all have clean names, etc. The problem i am experiencing is that if I go from the "NEW" folder and go into the directory with 400 folders and browse inside there, the watched status isn't carried along. This causes a problem if I haven't been keeping up in my "NEW" directory and need to see where I left off in a list of media files. If you have any questions or suggestions on this please feel free to reply.

-D
My XBMC library does just fine loading 400 (and more) directories in different locations. I think there's something else going on here and you're trying to fix it the hard way. It might be better to figure out what is going on with whatever slowdowns you might be having.
agreed - we should rather try to fix the cause than adding workarounds to cure the symptoms. First of, which platform are you running on and which XBMC/Kodi version?
I just wanted to add a me-too to this. One of my source directories has 1450 sub directories and I don't have any noticable slowdown while opening it. I'm also accessing it via NFS over a wired LAN.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched status based on filename0