XBMC Won't Add Certain Files To Library
I just bought a Fire TV specifically for XBMC. I've used a WDTV for a long time and decided to make the switch. The majority of my content is on a NAS. I didn't tag this as a platform specific issue as I'm not sure that it is.

I've installed XBMC Gotham 13.2 on to the Fire TV. The device is rooted, for what it's worth. I'm using the Confluence UI.

When scanning for content, XBMC skips seemingly random files. I've read a bunch of different threads from over the years about this issue but I can't seem to find the problem in my specific case.

For example, I've five seasons of Adventure Time but XBMC only lists S01E21. I've ten seasons of Stargate SG-1 but it doesn't list any episode. I've two seasons of The Big O but it only list season one. I have a single season of Neon Genesis Evangelion but it lists each episode twice. There are also movies it's not picking up.

Now, with many of the warnings, I can see the naming is wrong. So, that's easily resolvable. However, with other stuff I'm stumped. Like these warnings:

WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://NAS/Data/TV/Sailor Moon Crystal/', it won't be added to the library.
WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://NAS/Data/TV/Special Ops Mission/', it won't be added to the library.

I double-checked with TVDB (I copied and pasted the title string from those warnings) and they're both listed.

With Stargate SG-1, all I noticed in the log was this:

ERROR: PCRE: Match limit reached

I assume that has something to do with a regex but I wouldn't know how to resolve it.

With other missing files, I've double checked my naming with the documented conventions and it seems correct:

TV Show Name\Season\Show Name.S01E01.ext

I'm not really sure what's going on but I've uploaded my log here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=277511

That is a log taken after launching XBMC and having it scan for new content.

Might it have something to do with the share path being //NAS/Data/<type>/ ? I'm at a loss and I'm brand new to XBMC. Any help would be very much appreciated. Forgive me if I've neglected to provide some bit of info.
Very weird. You seem to have done everything right with the files and scraper setup, but it's not working.
Welcome to forums.

I cant see the log anymore as its gone, but make sure its named as tvdb expects it in the structure specified by oldxbmc -> kodi wiki.

This goes without saying if you modified any regex make sure you move them aside.

On the case of Sailer moon I would probably have this.

'smb://NAS/Data/TV/Sailor Moon Crystal/episodes'

So the content is set on the TV folder
and
'episodes' are named like tvshowname s01e01.ext etc etc.

Season folder dont matter to XBMC/Kodi its only a user organization thing and shouldn't affect anything.

Things like language setting in the scraper and adding (year) or removing (year) often cause matching issues.
He did it all correctly and had no regex modifications. I had even some of the same shows with similar names that have scanned in just fine, so I have no idea why it wouldn't work for him.
Well, I seem to have fixed it although I'm not sure exactly what the problem was. I ended up deleting XBMC from my Fire TV and installing SPMC instead. I also manually entered my NAS share information rather than having XBMC auto-detect as for some reason, trying to auto-detect was no longer working. Now, almost everything shows up, including Sailor Moon Crystal, Adventure Time, and Stargate SG-1.

The only things missing are those items which are misnamed, which is to be expected.

Thanks for sparing the time to help. I appreciate it!
Ah, some kind of network issue could have been what that error meant. Glad to hear it is all working now :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Won't Add Certain Files To Library0