Those running Kodi 14.0 “Helix” on this Fire TV...
Would love to hear how to latest nightly builds and/or Alpha 2 are running for you.
Have you found it stable enough to use on a daily basis?
(2014-08-27, 19:53)gizbug Wrote: Would love to hear how to latest nightly builds and/or Alpha 2 are running for you.
Have you found it stable enough to use on a daily basis?

Works great for me so far, actually installed this one cause the XBMC before this which is 13.2 and earlier versions didn't play well with the open source mesa drivers causing the default video player in XBMC to have tearing near the top of the screen. The default player in Kodi works just fine, no problems, I'm glad cause I didn't like using the catalyst drivers, to me they're inferior to the open source mesa drivers.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Thanks. Only 1 member on this forum is running Kodi? Surprising. BTW I see Alpha 3 is out now.
@Pednick you running it on FireTv or Linux?

John
(2014-09-02, 01:39)jpreville Wrote: @Pednick you running it on FireTv or Linux?

John

Oh sorry yes running on linux, just noticed I posted on an android thread.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
I had some slowdowns in alpha 2, but alpha 3 looks good. I've only run it for a day or two though with some light watching.
(2014-09-02, 05:01)ILikeVoltron Wrote: I had some slowdowns in alpha 2, but alpha 3 looks good. I've only run it for a day or two though with some light watching.

good to hear. Maybe Ill put Alpha 3 on then
I couldn't get Kodi 14.0 to start on my fireTV. It goes through the "first start" bar then just sits on a black screen. XBMC 13.x and SPMC work fine.
After doing some searches on 1 channel on FTV It boots out of XBMC (it;s like the buffer gets filled up or something) Then you have to relaunch XBMC and it works for a while depending on what you do.

Is there a way to update XBMC on FTV? with out have to Re install the latest version via SDK

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Those running Kodi 14.0 “Helix” on this Fire TV...1