M8 Media Box -Wifi - Sky
I am having trouble connecting a M8 XMBC media box to the sky router via Wifi. Ethernet cable works fine, but, its not practical to keep it pligged in (in another room). The M8 finds the router, but, will not connect - just says connecting.

I had a MX box previously and changed it to the M8 as it had the same issue and I assumed it was the box.

Any ideas on how I can solve this?
I have found that the Wifi is terrible on about 20% of these boxes. Make sure that you have Bluetooth turned off and Ethernet turned off and you might see an improvement. Also, different firmware versions produce different wifi performance results on each box so you might want to try a few diferrent firmware releases.

Sh
Are you using any encryption? If so, turn it off and try it.
will give it a go..... need to find the bluetooth settings.
So frustrating, everything else connects without a problem

Just tried connecting via hotspot on the iphone and the M8 box has connected fine, so it must have something to do with the sky router.
Any ideas?
All sorted, upgraded to the sky hub and now connects fone, must have been the old router.
My M8 box recently crashed and I lost all the pre-loaded addons, since them it crashes on a regular basis either whist watching a film or selecting an add on.

Can anyone tell me how to update the software and where I can download the most recent version ... hoping an update will sort it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8 Media Box -Wifi - Sky0