Buffering question
I have read tons of things regarding buffers and advancedsetting.xml but I cannot find a way to modify the buffer for STREAMING LIVE STREAMS like those in cliq! and ilive.

Here are my current settings:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
      <buffermode>1</buffermode>
      <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
      <readbufferfactor>2</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

Using codec info ("o"), I can see cache size changing when streaming video, however when streaming live streams, (cliq! live streams for example) the cache remains at 0 and never changes and the buffers quickly fill up and become exhausted. Apparently the advanced settings I am using apply only to streaming video and not to live streams.

Can someone direct me to settings that would increase the size of (or create) a cache and buffers for live streams.

Thank you
Try setting <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> to force caching to hard drive, <buffermode>1</buffermode> should cache all filetypes see here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2014-08-28, 03:16)Dilligaf Wrote: Try setting <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> to force caching to hard drive, <buffermode>1</buffermode> should cache all file types see here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache

Have tried all of the settings mentioned and still no cache appears on the live streams (ilive) only shows up on movies and other media.

Any other ideas?
Can you get us a debug log (wiki)? There are some live stream protocols that can't really "buffer" in the normal way that XBMC / Kodi buffers things (from what I understand. I could be mistaken).
I am having the exact similar problem with live streams in cliq! and ilive, I have tried all advancedsettings options to no avail. In my case it mostly happens when streaming HD content.
Cliq is not showing at all,it's asking for donations,anyone have any official info on Cliq,is it down for good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering question0