New Zotac PI320 Pico
nickr - wizziwig seems to say so : "Audio on Baytrail-D or Baytrail-M is better suited for media player use - at least it supports full bitstreaming in Linux and non-HD bitstreaming in Windows." The Zotac has a Baytrail-T tablet chip.
Linux port for Bay Trail T is still in experimental stage and many things don't work yet. It is not in a state where you could run XBMC or even test audio.

There is a slim chance that Zotac did something different on this player hardware or software vs. all the baytrail tablets. I guess we'll know soon enough after someone buys it.

If you have an HDMI receiver, you can always have XBMC decode it to 8 channel PCM and forget about bitstreaming.

Was software decoding for DTS-HD ever added to XBMC or is it still just using the regular DTS core?

Edit:
Not sure what to make of this:
http://www.zotac.com/en/news/press-relea...-pico.html

Audio
HDMI audio (bitstream)
3.5mm output
There are no open source DTS-HD decoders
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well, this is interesting.

I have not used the HDMI on my Baytrail-T Z3740 tablet in over 6 months. At that time, is only supported PCM.

I upgraded my BIOS and all drivers to latest versions today and now get this:

That box with "Encoded Formats" used to be empty. So as long as you don't need HD Audio bitstreaming, you should be good to go with this new Zotac player.

If someone ever ports Linux to this device, you may even get HD Audio at some point similar to the Baytrail NUC situation.
Have you got any links to linux efforts on these chipsets?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-01, 04:28)wizziwig Wrote: If someone ever ports Linux to this device, you may even get HD Audio at some point similar to the Baytrail NUC situation.
Port to Linux! what are you on about? It's just a standard Intel x86 chip so any Linux distro or Openelec should install just fine.
Just noticed you've got a tablet, so yes the Linux kernel maybe missing drivers for parts of your hardware such as the touchscreen, none of this will likely apply on this Zotec box and it should be perfectly usable on Linux.
(2014-09-01, 09:53)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 04:28)wizziwig Wrote: If someone ever ports Linux to this device, you may even get HD Audio at some point similar to the Baytrail NUC situation.
Port to Linux! what are you on about? It's just a standard Intel x86 chip so any Linux distro or Openelec should install just fine.
That is what I had thought, but support chipsets - ie the other chips on the motherboard - can be a problem.
Ok it does look like there's some Linux driver issues, however it seems to be mostly tablet specific functions, the only thing that might be a big deal for this Zotec are the sound issues, however this not being a tablet so the HDMI will be the primary output may not be affected.

I'm going by this blog on the Asus Transformer Book T100 http://asus-t100-ubuntu.blogspot.co.uk/
Looks like they are making progress in porting Linux. No idea if they got HDMI working yet. I also recall reading there is audio distortion.

What's working out of the box:

Graphics, Touchscreen, SD-Card, Power button, Touchpad.

What needs patching:

Wifi (poorly), Sound (with patches), battery monitoring, shutdown, blue-tooth

What's not working:

Camera, Suspend, hibernation, backlight, ambient light sensor, volume keys, screen rotation.

Regarding HD Audio over HDMI. It may be a hardware limitation. From the Z37xx spec sheet for HDMI register setup on Intel's site:

Here's the zotac zbox pico pi320 in use with xbmc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ8qmj_SOi4
Thanks for the video.

Here is a good review (very detailed info) about that device, now i'm dissapointed i didn't know RAM and flash storage were user limited.
http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/164...-pc-review
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
I picked one up this week and I can confirm that through WASAPI with the newest Intel drivers I can enable DTS passthrough just fine. It's quite a nice box, a little expensive but XBMC is running flawlessly on Windows 8.1.

My personal pet peeve has been poor 24p support in other devices and thankfully there are zero issues here. I don't have any missed frames during playback. Oddly sometimes the 'missed' counter in the OSD diagnostics will start counting up though it's not actually dropping anything. Not sure what's going with that, but it doesn't affect playback.
(2014-11-14, 17:14)sagacity Wrote: I picked one up this week and I can confirm that through WASAPI with the newest Intel drivers I can enable DTS passthrough just fine. It's quite a nice box, a little expensive but XBMC is running flawlessly on Windows 8.1.

My personal pet peeve has been poor 24p support in other devices and thankfully there are zero issues here. I don't have any missed frames during playback. Oddly sometimes the 'missed' counter in the OSD diagnostics will start counting up though it's not actually dropping anything. Not sure what's going with that, but it doesn't affect playback.

If this is expensive, what is a good price to pay for a fanless HTPC?
Vero 4K+, Yamaha RX-A3080, LG OLED 77" B8, Ubuntu Server
Hi guys. I don't necessarily need Windows for my HTPC, but I can get this Zbox Pico locally when Chromebox -my 2nd option- should be imported and payed the same price than this with the taxes and everything.
I'm looking for a silent portable HTPC that I can plug to the USB 3TB drive where I have my movies in the living room, and that could also be easily taken to the bedroom to stream some TV series from some torrent streaming service like Popcorn Time (under Windows) or Pulsar (under XBMC). And maybe some Emulators gaming.

I have a Sony receiver with SPDIF input and might need to get a USB to SPDIF adapter to get Dolby and DTS 5.1... so I don't care for HD audio.
Same for 4k content, since I don't have a 4k display now and won't have one in the short term. Only looking for nice 1080p for now.

My other options are Amazon Fire TV (the cheapest option that I can get locally) or Cloud Media Chameleon (because the RK3288 chip seems futureproof). But even when they have native SPDIF as a nice feature for me, they're Android based and I don't think they're getting much love in their own threads here...

Last option, Raspberry Pi B+. But with the SPDIF adapter it would cost as much as the AFTV.

I've posted here since this Zbox Pico would be the first option considering how easy I can get it, but I would really appreciate the insights or recommendations that you might have for a newbie like me.

Thanks a lot!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Zotac PI320 Pico0